Should I buy a Terrapin?

The Terrapin is a great rangefinder....good luck finding one. At practical hunting ranges which for me is under 1000 yards I usually find myself using my G7 because of the ballistics capability. Ranging capabilities are comparable to the Terrapin at that range.

Yes. I have a Terrapin and a Vector 4. I have hit 2 story buildings out to 4335 yards with Terrepin. Have hit 5645 yards with Vector 4 on large rocks. I did this ranges with out a tripod. Get a Terrapin 05 and you will love it! :D

Mine must be broken I have never gotten a 4000 yard reading out of my terrapin maybe new batteries??/:)

You need to be dead assed steady. I use a mini tripod off of my bench for anything over 2000 yards. Also, as with any laser, certian days are better than others.

I have messed around with a tripod mount but not as much as I have off hand. I can pick up about anything at 2500 including elk. My comment was meant to be kinda tongue in cheek I find myself thinking it should range anything I point it at even well beyond its capabilities. :)

If you get steady, and are not shakey you can do 2500 yards freehanded with Terrapin 05. From a deer hunting tripod I have ranged a red clay road on a powerline at 4212 yards with my elbows on the rail, using a Vector 4.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.