Should I build a 330 Dakota?

I've had one for years. We called it a 338 SDM (Swamp Donkey Magnum) taken quite a few Moose with it. Strictly hunting rifle no brake and lightweight stock! It kills on both ends. But does a great job in the bush and on the long draws in the swamp where they can go 500 yards+! Didn't know Jarrett had a version. I finally have some Reloader 23 and 26 to try and make up some new loads for it!
Thankfully over 15 years I've never needed a follow up. At 8 pounds mine kicks so hard it knocks the snot out of my nose spraying it all over my scope lens.😎

I've never thought I needed a brake on my .375 or 416 and couldn't put one on the 577. I've always thought the fast 33 had the sharpest recoil. I do use the brake on the range.
Again I've always liked the numbers and concept of the Dakota, good luck.

I have a 330 Dakota 76. I was lucky enough to secure100 rounds of new Dakota brass at about $1.50 per round, but have since been unable to buy either brass or loaded ammo. I think the cartridge, fine though it may be, is defunct, especially since Dakota Arms is gone, as far as I can tell. I advise against this cartridge, due to lack of support. A 340 Wby will outdo the Dakota, and brass and ammo are available and will be for the foreseeable future.

I'd consider re-barreling this rifle, except who do you trust to work on your Dakota Arms 76? Also, not many easy conversions to anything for which brass is easily available. I guess I'm stuck making brass from 404 Jeffery; I've read that it is possible, but haven't researched the question.

Most will say there is little use for any 33 beyond the 338 WM and the 340 Wby, and time has tended to bury most others. They shine under the light of hype, then fade away.

I also have 358 Norma Mag, which is defunct in most people's minds, but at least I can regularly buy good quality Norma ammo for it at about $3.20 a round and thus obtain a supply of brass as well. It is no small thing for a company to support an unpopular round through time; Norma has done this well. Remington too has supported many a wildcat consistently, for which we should be grateful, but they are now disappearing.

I have a 330 Dakota 76. I was lucky enough to secure100 rounds of new Dakota brass at about $1.50 per round, but have since been unable to buy either brass or loaded ammo. I think the cartridge, fine though it may be, is defunct, especially since Dakota Arms is gone, as far as I can tell. I advise against this cartridge, due to lack of support. A 340 Wby will outdo the Dakota, and brass and ammo are available and will be for the foreseeable future.

I'd consider re-barreling this rifle, except who do you trust to work on your Dakota Arms 76? Also, not many easy conversions to anything for which brass is easily available. I guess I'm stuck making brass from 404 Jeffery; I've read that it is possible, but haven't researched the question.

Most will say there is little use for any 33 beyond the 338 WM and the 340 Wby, and time has tended to bury most others. They shine under the light of hype, then fade away.

I also have 358 Norma Mag, which is defunct in most people's minds, but at least I can regularly buy good quality Norma ammo for it at about $3.20 a round and thus obtain a supply of brass as well. It is no small thing for a company to support an unpopular round through time; Norma has done this well. Remington too has supported many a wildcat consistently, for which we should be grateful, but they are now disappearing.
Chad Dixon at LRI is who to trust to rebarrel your Dakota. He most likely had his hands on your rifle when it was built.