Should have done this a long time ago!

Luv the school desk/table setup, been using a simular setup the last 15 years using a folding wooden table about the same size, TV or Stereo šŸ‘depending on the mood, started reloading in '85, .270win, win.cases, nosler yellow tipped 150gr. BT's IMR4831,CCI 200'S, on my bosses rcbs rock chucker and a nosler 2nd. Edition, and have tried alot of gear since then, first big improvement on my Dads advice while at a gun show, I picked up a vibratory tumbler (an olsen's in the early 90's), then much later on ditched my beam scale to a chargemaster(great), before that I also ditched my late 80's progressive press, switched to lee hand primeršŸ‘ and single stage and turret presses for (.270wsm, 7mm. rem. mag, 300wsm, 300win.mag, 300weatherby, 338win mag.338 Lapua) (9mm,.38spl,357mag,40sw,44spl,44mag,45acp,460rowland,45lc,454casull) , the last 15 years my lee hand presses(I got 4) and lee loaders have seen the most use (45-70, 375win, 350rem.mag,35whelen, 358win, 338-06, 30-06, .308win, 30-30, .280AI, .284win, 7mauser, 7mm-08, 6.5prc., 6.5cm, 6.5 grendel, 25-06, 243.win, 6cm, 22-250, .223, 22 hornet, its amazing how many quality loads can be produced on these simple, been around forever tools . That's a great White tail, and some fine shooting with your 7saum and 6.5, way to go.
Glad your getting over the COVID!šŸ‘

Last edited:
Lol. I never thought I'd get shamed for reloading. Once your brass is prepped and primed, your seating die is set, and your scale is set, it's just powder dump and bullet press. Pretty darn hard. Jeez. When you have the rona, and you want to watch championship football, I guess you deserve to get crucified for wanting to do a little reloading too. Lol, I guess I should expect it from today's crowds. Public shaming tough guys.
I learned my lesson about watching a program and loading i have only been loading for 3 or 4 years and i was loading for my 303 and charged one cartridge with 40 grns of imr 4227 instead of 19 grns it fired and split the receiver on my #1 mk3 so now i turn everything off and stop if my wife comes in. just my story not bashing anyone

It's an old school rcbs trickler. It's old but a good trickler. When beginning reloading I would absolutely agree that removing distractions is very wise. I didn't create this thread to be holier than the next guy. I was honestly just sick, feeling couped up, and bored. I made the stand a while back to take to the range for load work up, and decided to use it inside for the championships. Mistakes can be made from the best loading bench there ever was, to my little lazy boy setup. Focus is key. It took me a long time to get to the point I'm at. I haven't read a reloading manual in a while. Not because I'm above it, but because I've read them all dozens of times, and I'm super confident in what I'm doing. Little tricks like weighing your loaded rounds after they're done to double check your work is stuff you pick up along the way. I have tons of other things I do that I don't wish to share now. When I start with a fire formed piece of brass, I figure I'm going to spend an intimate 5 minutes per piece of brass from beginning to end. Sometimes more if my head isn't in it. So when I sit down and do 100 pieces I'm looking at a minimum of 500 minutes, or 8 hours roughly. It's a long slow thought out process for me. Some people want to make assumptions, and I get it. 10 years ago, I would have scolded myself for reloading next to a fire place. If you ever have questions let me know. I can even write down my step by step process.
Now your talking !!!! I like your setup, shows innovation. Maybe you shoulda included the above selected text so newbies to reloading, being impatient, don't bite off more than they can chew.
Relax, enjoy the game(s).

Wow 4 pages of replies on this ...guess everyone is pretty boored. Loading ammo is not exactly brain surgery, if you can't watch TV, listen to the radio or chew gum at the same time you load bullets, I sure don't want you next to me on the range.,.cause we all know there are no distractions there....
Hate to break it to you (not you in particular, stel), but there is usually music going on in the OR during surgery. Turned off during safety verifications, e.g. right patient, right surgery, right side if applicable, etc. Everyone grew up that way from medical school on, so no big deal.

Only thing I see wrong is you need to be set up in the man cave. I've been loading since 1970, need the tv or the radio going. If you can't multitask that's your problem, i think it's a gemini thing. Not to mention using a progressive press, but the powder dump is case activated.

I also have tinnitus, 40 years in the automotive business, on the firing line in the service might have something to do with it too.
No problem once you have your system down

I listen to Hymns quietly playing in the background while reloading. Closet space works great in the office/ sewing room.
7C775521-1C0B-48F7-88FB-370FEB3E5E09.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.