Should have done this a long time ago!

Just to clarify to the wood stove guys. This is a high efficiency wood stove with multiple layers of brick, that never gets over a few hundred degrees on the exterior. The hottest I've ever seen the flu get was 475 degrees. Most gun powders have an ignition temperature of 800+ degrees. I could pour a pound of powder on it, and nothing would happen. I understand your concern, but it's going to be ok. I promise.
28239FA3-91C6-4B34-978D-93485D88DDB7.jpeg
81A20C28-270D-479A-9932-C6B41E7370EA.jpeg

I don`t know but a fire,gunpowder and primers,not paying attention to what you are doing!!What could possibly go wrong??

With the loss of JE, and others dealing with covid, where one reloads seems meaningless. I am so saddened
I completely understand. I've never understood the reason people look for a fight where one doesn't exist. Seems like a miserable way to live life, being angry and having to find faults in others to feel better about themselves. This post was meant to get a few laughs, never to create a fight with anyone. My condolences go out to JE and anyone else affected by this man made sh!t show, dumped on all of us. If we want to be mad at anyone, it should be the creators of this horrible virus.

Nice setup, first game was good and this one is as well so far.

don't much matter what anybody else thinks, I'm done caring.
First game as good until the stupid ref ending it early at the end. Let them play all day until it's crunch time and throw your flag. Bucs probably still win with their D but it's always more fun watching a game decided with the last plays, between the two best, as opposed to kneel downs. The players deserve better in a close game.

the gentleman that was talking about the 6.5 need more you really know what you're talking about O maybe not I have 6.5 creedmore At 300 yd the ammo I have developed for it I can cover it up with a dime oh I say that's half inch Moa I don't understand why people on here always have to criticise what other people are shooting or developing ammo for there is no reason for that everybody has their own preference even him everybody have a nice day

Don't worry about it - I quit reloading in the living room because its a pain to remove lead shot from the carpet!! Also once you put everything away, a spent primer or 2 will show up everyday in the same place 2-3 days in a row!
I listen to podcasts or the radio just for background noise - I guess to cancel out my tinnitus. In college I studied with classic rock in the background......
Just wait until you pick up a live primer in the wife's vacuum cleaner. It alarms all the kids, scares the crap out of the dog and just causes problems in general. I am glad that was not in the living room.

Just me, and don't mean to offend, but I don't want any TV, radio, or any other distraction while loading.
Our TV was a cast-off from someone who got bored and bought a new one.
The TV fades to background noise. And I hate noise. So ... our last TV was headed for the barn when I got distracted for a moment and set it down beside the yard gate. The Lovely Lady who must be obeyed called me in for lunch. Leaving yet another project, I went in to eat. After a great meal I needed a nap. By the time I remembered the TV it had been raining hard most of the afternoon. Thinking the next day might be dry (it wasn't) I just left it. Winter's snow and spring flowers came. That was 10 years ago.
One summer day, another television showed up on the front porch. Friend Bil called to explain. "Last time I was over, I noticed you didn't have a TV. So I brought you one."
'Scuse me, Folks; I'll be out in the barn for a few minutes.

Last edited:
Just wait until you pick up a live primer in the wife's vacuum cleaner. It alarms all the kids, scares the crap out of the dog and just causes problems in general. I am glad that was not in the living room.
Wait 'til the kids spill half a thousand primers and the wife sweeps them up and dumps them out on the burn pile. It gives new meaning to the old saw "HeII's a-poppin'!"

First game as good until the stupid ref ending it early at the end. Let them play all day until it's crunch time and throw your flag. Bucs probably still win with their D but it's always more fun watching a game decided with the last plays, between the two best, as opposed to kneel downs. The players deserve better in a close game.
Yeah I still remember The Miami / Ohio state national championship game with the late flag in the end zone.
NCAA pulled that ref out of roster for that one.

Nice set up sir . Kudos to you for not giving up . As far as everyone getting their panties in a bunch I'm not certain where it came from . I didn't see anything wrong with anything stated . To each their own . If your comfortable shooting your reloads while watching tv good for . To each their own ! Hope you start feeling better and get better soon . Get out there and burn up some non replaceable components lol

Gent's He's loading the 6.5 Needmoor, it doesn't make any difference with them, you could load them with water and they'd still shoot half moa at a K, Regardless I think it's a bad example to display on social media where a new loader would see it, I couldn't live with myself if someone got hurt, and by the wood stove?????? Really?????
To a new loader I would say this.
Loaders are a fickle bunch. They are also a OCD bunch at one end intellect and intelligence control their OCD on the other end their OCD controls their intellect and intelligence.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.