Should have done this a long time ago!

Hoping you feel better, take it easy and do your best to do things that help you battle that anxiety and keep you busy
The anxiety has been brutal. Day 3-6 I was having a really hard time breathing. My lips and finger tips turned blue. Every time I tried to go to sleep I'd immediately wake up with panic attacks. I literally went 4 days and 3 nights without a single minute of sleep. Thank god I finally turned the corner. Now my remaining anxiety cones at night because I'm scared I won't be able to go to sleep. This has been pretty miserable. But I didn't want to bring it up and look for pity. I just wanted to bring a couple laughs about a guy sitting in a lazy boy, reloading while he watched the championships.

I'll pray for your rona recovery sir.... Good health to you.

I've found over the short time I've been reloading, I can really screw it up. Double loading a cartridge is my thing, I seem to do that at least once when I'm distracted. To each his own, I'm not shaming you I'm actually admiring you... LOL...

I'll pray for your rona recovery sir.... Good health to you.

I've found over the short time I've been reloading, I can really screw it up. Double loading a cartridge is my thing, I seem to do that at least once when I'm distracted. To each his own, I'm not shaming you I'm actually admiring you... LOL...
When I started I wrote every step down, and had to follow it to a T! After the 150 6.5 Creedmoor's I loaded today, I'm at 20,850 reloads under my belt. All through a single stage press. Tomorrow I'll probably do another 300 or so. It's mundane to me now. It makes me respect the trigger a lot more now. Shooting one, means I have to reload one. Lol. I have another 550 204 rugers to do, 190 7mm rem mags, 300 6.5 Creedmoor to do, 100 243 win to do, and 250 224 Valkyrie to do. I'm hoping that being quarantined all next week, I can get them done. And I've already done 1000 5.56, 400 7 saum, 200 7 mag, 300 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 204 rugers, 250 224 Valkyrie, and a ton of other stuff in the last few months. I shoot a LOT! I'm going to have to slow down with the availability of reloading supplies unfortunately. I need to invest in a progressive press.

Maybe I misinterpreted it, but I wasn't asking for anyone's reloading process. I caught Covid-19, I wanted to watch the championships, and I wanted to reload. So I put a little table together to kill a few birds with one stone. I guess my horse isn't as high as everyone else's. I'll just quit while I'm behind. Disregard my posts.
Don't worry about it - I quit reloading in the living room because its a pain to remove lead shot from the carpet!! Also once you put everything away, a spent primer or 2 will show up everyday in the same place 2-3 days in a row!
I listen to podcasts or the radio just for background noise - I guess to cancel out my tinnitus. In college I studied with classic rock in the background......

Look sorry I'm moody. Among the other symptoms I've been dealing with anxiety has been one of the worst. I'd didn't even know that was a symptom. I appreciate that everyone of you has your own reloading bugaboos. That's good. We shouldn't take it lightly. It can be a very dangerous thing. Trust that I know what I'm doing, and I trust you to do the same. Just thought I'd share what I was up to this fine Sunday evening.

Turn off the news. I got covid at the end of October. Only symptom was loss of smell and achy knees. The first day I tested positive I could have swore I couldn't breath. Just anxiety taking control. I went for a run that day to get rid of the anxious feeling and when I realized I could run like normal, I decided no more news for me. Haven't been to a news site in 3 months.

I have a TV above my reloading bench in my garage. I will put it on a game at low volume. When I'm doing brass prep I pay more attention to the game on the tube.

When I'm doing powder charges and seating bullets I tune it out as it's high above my bench so I would have to look up anyway.

Works for me and I can clean guns, prep brass, work on just about anything in the garage and keep track of the game.

Wow 4 pages of replies on this ...guess everyone is pretty boored. Loading ammo is not exactly brain surgery, if you can't watch TV, listen to the radio or chew gum at the same time you load bullets, I sure don't want you next to me on the range.,.cause we all know there are no distractions there....

Nothing fancy, but very functional. I put 40 lbs of weight in the desk to stabilize it. Adjusted the legs to make it level. Now I can watch football, and burn through my bullets, primers, and powder that I can't replace. LolView attachment 245022
I guess I'm confused, but I don't understand why it's such an issue to reload and watch tv? Lol, it's not that hard to focus on both.

I did NOT see any public shaming responses; perhaps I missed something. I do not watch NFL either esp. when they were kneeling and disrespecting the flag.
Gotta agree 100% considering The NFL and its members have chosen to to put the names of career criminals and Rapists on their helmets and celebrate them as hero's and blaintently and with malice of forethought refuse to acknowledge and utterly disrespect the true hero's who died defending our nation and our flag by kneeling during our national Anthem
You sir are free to give such scum bags a pass and patronize them by watching football but I for one have to much love and respect for my nation its war dead, veterans , and flag to ever again do so
There are no pro sports watched in my home

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.