shotgun

Shot a 7X7 bull elk and also a huge black wolf from a low flying chopper with SSG once, does that count
wink.gif
Also a few truckloads (big trucks) of black bears with slugs from a folding stock 870, guess that was shotgun shooting. Oh yea, there was also hundreds of coyotes and foxes from a Super Cub, used birdshot from about twenty feet...

****, I haven't ever shot a bird with a shotgun, do they work good for that?
grin.gif

I have a few 870's with fully rifled slug barrels for deer hunting and every once in awhile I'll stick a shot barrel on one for doves. I shoot the Lightfield slugs nowadays, they seem to get along with me the best.

What kind of experience are you chasing?
I have shot IPSC shotgun at a national level and currently shoot an O/U on sporting clays and crows; ducks etc here in Australia.About 5000rds per annum.
I have a Browning s/a 12 ga 3" in Nz where I shoot Canada geese; ducks and rabbits about 750rds per annual trip.
Australians have very controlled availability to semi auto shotguns and s/a rimfire and cf are basically banned notionwide since 1997.
I have used SG on pigs but gave it away as I found you had to very close and keep all the slugs within the pattern on the animal to be effective.
Once you go to solid slugs i reckon you are better off with a rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.