Shotgun choke w/ buck shot?

curtis

I would like to start coyote hunting using a combination of my rifle and shotgun. Right now, my shotgun is set up for turkey...using an extra full choke. If I want to shoot buck shot for coyotes, do I need to take out my extra full turkey choke or can I shoot with it in?

Thanks,

Curtis

Check the manufacture's website see what the tube is rated for. If i shoot anything larger than regular #4-6 shot i recommend moving down to a full choke at most. I've never shot buck out of my 870 but the rem heavy shot dead coyote in T shot is where it's at. The larger your shot size the less constriction you want, it should pattern better that way

Most of the Buckshot will say on the box "Do Not Use a Full Choke With This ammo''

I recomend a modified or cylinder which ever shoots the best.

J E CUSTOM

OK, great advice. I appreciate it. I've never shot buck shot or "T" shot. I'll check into it. Once again, I do appreciate it and happy coyote hunting.

Curtis

T shot is .20cal, it comes in 2-3/4" home defense loads or the 3-1/2" dead coyote, both are remington's heavy shot. The 3-1/2 with a full choke out of my 870 patterns about paper plate size about 40 yd, I've only shot one with this combo and at 53 steps the results were quite impressive just watch out they tear fur up bad...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.