Shot Show

Randy in Va

Leaving for Vegas soon, will be there for 2.5 days. Be glad to hear from any of your guys to spend a few minutes together. I can be reached on my cell at 804-690-6868.

Randy Cullinan
NextCountyOver.com
No I don't have a booth!!

SHOT ramblings - butt is dragging here, might not make much sense.

Just back from the SHOT show, best one I have attended in several years. Started off all day Wednesday, shooting in the morning with Winchester/Browning and all afternoon with Remington/Swarovski. I beat hell out of my shoulder and had a very good time. There is something about all those nice rifles, shotguns and even handguns, and all that ammo, that does something to me. Believe they had to hold the bus for me at one shoot. I was the last guy pulling the trigger but what the hell.

Surprising how accurate a Browning auto shotgun was with 3" Barnes slugs out at 450 yards on a steel gong - but that rig kicked very hard and really beat up my shoulder.

The new .25 WSSM is sweet, very similar to the .25-06. Shot Remington's new high-end .22 LR rifle, it is a very nice rig. Big deal was Swarovski introducing a great laser, good to 1000 on a small target in bright light and priced under 800 bucks. Saw the new Leica and it is also very sweet. Swaro is sweet rig, not up to 1000 plus like the high dollar rigs but tacky sharp picture and very good performance, plus a great holster that is very slick.

Way too much stuff went on in way too short a time - sure great to see so many of my American friends. Gotta tell you guys, there are some of the very best people anywhere - in the gun industry, just don't get any better. So many great people but one guy stands out - Bruce Robinson from Mildot Master. Bumped into him at Marty Bordson's booth (now there is a GOOD booth, Marty and the GA Precision guys all together - great to meet Chris and Eric - missed George, think he was busy jumping out of airplanes or something the one day I looked for him). Bruce Robinson and his little wife are great folk - I was very honored to meet him and spend some time visiting. If you have a mildot scope and "don't got" a Mildot Master then order one and tell Bruce that I suggested you get off the stick and get one.
wink.gif

I was also there to meet editors - they were there and I was very fortunate to get some excellent assignments - stuff I really wanted to get into.

So....everybody...check the news stand this summer for all those great stories Ian will be churning out!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.