Shot show video's

It seemed to me that each one mentioned in their own way, picking their optimum conditions for a shot yet not running out of time. Good info.

It seemed to me that each one mentioned in their own way, picking their optimum conditions for a shot yet not running out of time. Good info.
Yup I personally look for steadiness. If I see a consistent wind I shoot fast as I can. I don't wait for it to drop because you can mis read it to easy. That is not to say I like to shoot in the breeze, I prefer not to if possible. To my way of thinking I can hold the same for a consistent direction vs trying to shoot fast enough to beat a change.

Steadiness, now that you mention it, it makes sense if my thinking is right. I've always been inclined to wait for the wind to let up (one of the luxurys when I'm just shooting paper by myself) but I guess if it's blowing steadily and you dial for the right windage then hopefully consistency would prevail considering the wind was consistent (steady)...making sense? Your thoughts.

Steadiness, now that you mention it, it makes sense if my thinking is right. I've always been inclined to wait for the wind to let up (one of the luxurys when I'm just shooting paper by myself) but I guess if it's blowing steadily and you dial for the right windage then hopefully consistency would prevail considering the wind was consistent (steady)...making sense? Your thoughts.
That's the idea I was trying to convey.
I spend much more time fishing Tuna than shooting nowadays. When the tide changes you will have wind change. As the tide comes to slack the wind drops out. When it (tide) changes direction depending the wind will either settle or change mostly depending on temps. The more contrast from land to sea temp the more drastic the wind will react. To apply this to shooting pull up your Lat/Long Compare it to the closer oceanic coast. Check that tidal change for time and strength. Now for example, On a waxing moon the tide is growing so the afternoon tides are stronger hence more pronounce wind change in the afternoon on incoming tides less if the tide will drop through the afternoon.
If you in the mid west or Mt. take your solunar table. Now watch and plot your daily winds. This will give you your wind patterns in normal weather patterns.
Once you have a system in place expand you system to adjust to Barometric pressure's A pattern will evolve plot it in a data book
The nice thing about doing this is you can look through weather sites. Airports have the best wind plotting predictions. Now compare your data with their's.
What this will do is give you confidence on how to look up in advance what to expect. It may not be exact to the letter but it is usually very close. If you know that a predicted change is coming you can wait. But if you see that the weather wind plot calls for it to remain a stable direction, that will usually mean that it will not eddy for long if it ever does.
Again you can do this with out ever going to the range just sit on the porch and put what you observe. That way down the road you too can be an internet expert
Some day I hope I am:D

Good info. Guess there alot to learn about the wind and weather. Thanks for sharing.

It's funny the older I get the dumber I become. Back when I was 18-25 I knew everything:D I learn more now than when I knew everything:D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.