Short lead times on new bartlein barrel order and install?

rangerdanger

Im looking for short lead times for an order cut and install a new bartlein 8twist barrel for my 700 22-250 varmint. Id also like to get the action trued up at the same time. Id like to get it done in 2 or 3 months if possible. Please let me know if yal know of anyone.

Im looking for short lead times for an order cut and install a new bartlein 8twist barrel for my 700 22-250 varmint. Id also like to get the action trued up at the same time. Id like to get it done in 2 or 3 months if possible. Please let me know if yal know of anyone.

New to the site. Question, what was the time from ordering and receiving the Barlein
barrel. Do they flute their barrels or do you have to let the rifle maker finish this ?
I haven't yet contacted them. I did a barrel from Krieger back in the nineties I think they didn't flute barrels at that time? Thanks.

New to the site. Question, what was the time from ordering and receiving the Barlein
barrel. Do they flute their barrels or do you have to let the rifle maker finish this ?
I haven't yet contacted them. I did a barrel from Krieger back in the nineties I think they didn't flute barrels at that time? Thanks.

Im not sure but they will probably do whatever you want if you are willing to wait a long time for it.

I had a barrel made and installed by Bartlein on a 700 action about a year ago. The total wait time was about 5 months. No flutes, trued, and a barrel lug installed. Total cost, $800.

Southern Precision as listed above does great work. I would also call Chad at LongRiflesInc time see what he has in hand or can get quickly. No one else can really beat his turnaround times as it's typically 3-4 days if he has a blank on hand. The work both do is as good as anyone else's.

if u cant find a smith with one see if Grizzly machine has what u want in stock. if so may be you can find a smith with a short lead time to put it together for you.

Best way to avoid the wait time on a barrel is to buy one from a dealer. Several people carry Bartlein barrels in stock, in popular configurations.

Wait times on gunsmiths are another thing. Any GOOD gunsmith is going to be busy! You do not want a gunsmith that is not any more than you want a doctor that is not busy IMHO.

Good luck

Jerry

Who isn't wanting exactly the very same thing, short lead times from the best gunsmiths?

The first problem is Bartlein as their lead times for individual orders (non-commercial) is usually 6 - 8 months. However, you can find some of the distributors who carry some Bartlein barrels in stock for you to buy. Southern Precision (Bugholes) is one such supplier as is Grizzly and Bullets.com. There are other to be sure.

There are gunsmiths who work on barreled actions mostly, as opposed to full builds, who have shorter turnaround times. Even GAP will quote 2 months on a build where you supply all of the parts. Call to ask.

Regards.

Contact these guys:

BARTLEIN

Thanks, I have contacted Defiance on a action. with the Larger diameter scopes I understand that there is more moa to work with so with my average shots being under 200 I'm questioning a10 degree cant instead of the 20? I will call Bartlein and speak to them. If they can do the barrel , action fitting all I would need is a stock bedded. I finished a Krieger barrel to 25", 280 ackley 40. I'm considering that in a 300 win. But it seems many finish at 26"with a two inch break out to 28?? On another thread the question was to flute or not to flute a #3 Bartlein. Does anyone consider it a true advantage on fluting. X Caliber has spiral fluting? A statement for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.