Short Barrel Rifle Question?

I still do load work with my short barrels and it seems to work. You are not doing terrible for speed with that short of barrel length. Maybe try the 99gr hammer or a mono to see it you can speed it up.
Also I have never had to adjust a load based on different cans or no cans.
And JE is correct on placement of you magneto slide it out a bit and it should read better.
I like your idea of the sbr with a can. But can't help but think that a 300blk may be a better option at this point. I don't lose much speed over my 2550 FPS in my blk with a short barrel and a 100gr raptor. Granted it won't be as good down range.

Funny, kinda. I'm in the process of putting together a "short" pistol Grendel. I'm going to have a 14" barrel, and a right charge/eject upper. It's going to be suppressed, and be wearing a thermal optic. Hope to have it finished in about a week when everything arrives !!

My 6.8SPC 12.5" suppressed with a 30Saker is quiet, extremely accurate, and knocks the snot out of critters of all kinds. Without the can it is flame thrower with crowd pleasing report that is absolutely no fun to shoot. 6.8 does well in shorter barrels, some calibers just lose to much.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts