Hey JDD, are the HS precision mags AICS compatible? The website doesn't really say. I'm still waiting on a reply on my email.
I don t think so. I got a gen 1 so it old, I am not sure the new hs fit what I got

The first gun I ever put together was a 6.5 284 norma on a savage 110 action. The rifle was originally a lightweight 270 win. It fed just fine and was a great shooter. I do realize that the 6.5-284 is more of a "mid length" cartidge but the long action really allowed it to work at its full potential/case capacity. I'd say go for it.

Army used to run .308 Win on long actions, with the idea that they could switch to .300 Win Mag bu switching the barrels (or rechambering) and switching the bolts.

I ran a .308 Win on an 700 ADL that was originally a .270 Win. ran fine.

Good luck

Jerry

The first gun I ever put together was a 6.5 284 norma on a savage 110 action. The rifle was originally a lightweight 270 win. It fed just fine and was a great shooter. I do realize that the 6.5-284 is more of a "mid length" cartidge but the long action really allowed it to work at its full potential/case capacity. I'd say go for it.

Army used to run .308 Win on long actions, with the idea that they could switch to .300 Win Mag bu switching the barrels (or rechambering) and switching the bolts.

I ran a .308 Win on an 700 ADL that was originally a .270 Win. ran fine.

Good luck

Jerry

thanks for the info guys

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts