Shopping for a new long range rifle

okie man

so I'm thinking of buying a new long range hunting rifle. I'm a working man so budget is set at under $2000 not including optics. Will most likely be 7mm rem mag. The Christensen Mesa long range looks appealing, as does a Remington sendero. I've had a few brownings, never fell in love with them. I'd buy a used custom if a deal came along. Thoughts?

Absolutely, buy used. Way more gun for your dollars. Its a buyers market right now, lots of great options.

I think the CA Mesa LR or a Browning x bolt LR (the Mcmillan would be a great option) would serve you well. I've had great luck with CA, but the fast twist barrels on the x bolt LR is very appealing for a factory LR rifle. Definitely look for used first, you can find great options on here for under $2000 (or under $3000 with optics) that are likely to be far nicer rifles that you can get for that price new.

Look back through the rifles for sale thread. There was a 7mm Rem listed for $2200. Great looking and shooting custom. A neighbor of yours has it listed. He's an Okie.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.