Shooting steel

Sounds like you had a nice setup. Sorry to hear about your targets, it gets me pretty fired up just thinking about your loss.

I was real fired up and still am
The stand fold flat and stack up nice
retiredcpo

Attachments

• 100_1534.jpg
    100_1534.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 95
Looks good, really convenient. Do you ever have problems with them falling over.

every now and then one will fall over if you shoot from the right angle and close enough with smaller plate(less weight) and the moon and stars aligned right ect.
Not really a problem for us really we only shoot a plate a few times before repainting it. Only takes a few seconds to run down range on a 4 wheeler.
You can also hang a chain from the same stand with a hook on one end to hang milk jugs up.
retiredcpo

My 30-30 blasted right through a disk break for a 15 inch wheel at 100 yards so...

I use leaf springs I got off a 1/2 ton van. They work well for the 30-06 at 400 yards. At 300 I put a hairline crack in one.

Last edited by a moderator:
every now and then one will fall over if you shoot from the right angle and close enough with smaller plate(less weight) and the moon and stars aligned right ect.
Not really a problem for us really we only shoot a plate a few times before repainting it. Only takes a few seconds to run down range on a 4 wheeler.
You can also hang a chain from the same stand with a hook on one end to hang milk jugs up.
retiredcpo

You have a good set up there, good luck with getting a new set built.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts