Shooting School

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good long distance shooting school East of the Mississippi ?

Absolutely. I would recommend that you check out the 406Precision school. They have classes ranging from Montana to Illinois.

Feel free to reach out to Jordan or Jason. [email protected] or call at 406.925.0615 Jordan's cell.

Enjoy... attended 2 of their classes... great people and excellent instruction!

shay

Sig Sauer in NH is excellent. I've heard Bobby Hart has a great school in PA. Dan Newberry (of optimal charge weight fame) has one too.

Dan Newberry is with bangsteel I was researching them last night .. but Hart is about 4 hrs closer to me

I decided to go to Hart's shooting school. Spoke with him and he is passionate about teaching proper techniques for long distance .. Cant wait to attend class late June. Will post pics and a review for all

I decided to go to Hart's shooting school. Spoke with him and he is passionate about teaching proper techniques for long distance .. Cant wait to attend class late June. Will post pics and a review for all

Have a great time. I look forward to hearing about it.

Would like to know your thoughts about the school. I am thinking of attending one next summer maybe. Working on buying and putting a rifle together this summer.

I'm schedule for the weekend of June 25th ....It was very affordable and speaking Mr Hart sold me .. Had him on the phone for about 30 mins ..He wanted to get an idea of what type of shooting I was intending on doing and my goals for the class.. Looking forward to the weekend .. I will post pics and a review the school

A weekend at Bob Harts Long Range Hunting School

Upon arriving Friday at 1pm at R. W. Hart custom rifle shop in Nescopeck Pa your welcome into a family setting where Hart Sr. recovering from knee surgery and Bobby Hart are there welcoming you to the shop and class.

Friday afternoon:

Bobby Hart puts everyone in a classroom setting. Where he's teaching students an easy method on understanding the simple basics of long distance shooting. By the end of class all the students have the outline for the weekend course. At then end of class the students get one on one time with Bobby so the students can let him know their goals for the weekend .. After the sit downs the students are check into the Comfort Inn for the weekends

Friday night all the students along with Bobby and the other instructors go to dinner to unwind and form the bonds of friendship and brother hood

Saturday 8am meeting back at the rifle shop. Students gather around to learn proper rifle maintenance. From taking apart the rifle to stripping down the bolt. A clean rifle is a happy rifle ..

Saturday afternoon:

The class moves to the shooting range where students are thought how to set up their rifles off the bench and in the sand bags. Students are thought how to zero their rifles at 100 yards in no more then 3 shots. After the rifles where zero. Bobby makes what I know call a custom turret for dummies a simple white sticker around the turrets .

Sunday morning :

Students learn how to range targets at 200 , 300 , 400 , 500 , 600 , 700, 800..
Students also learn how to adjust the moa clicks all while the turrets being covered. While dialing to the given yardage and ringing steal. learning how to read the wind from paying attention to the trees , corn stalks , leaves and holding over for the proper shot.. Once a student ranged a target. They learn how many clicks to adjust up and hold over , Bobby makes a mark on the white tape 2 for 200 yards , 3 for 300 yards and so on all the way up to 800 yards..

All of the students rang steal up to 800 but the high light of the weekend is when there was a target I notice in the tree line at 560 yards with the simple turret system I click to the 5 and moved up 3 clicks and with one pull of the trigger hit steel by the 3rd pull I had a 3 shot group.. I'm from Long Island NY and never having the chance to shoot over 200 yards and with what Bobby Hart thought me. I know that I can be set up in 30 seconds and be pulling the trigger out to 800 with confidence that I'm gonna be dialed up and holding dead on...

I would definitely recommend Bobby Hart's Long Range Shooting School

Attachments

• image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 118
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 104
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 120
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 118
NYSHUNTER, thanks for the review and thoughts about the school. Sounds like it was a fun and very informative school. Did they provide the rifles to shoot or did the students have to bring their own? If school supplies are students allowed to bring their own rifles? Thanks

Bobby,

Encourages the students to bring their own rifles. Most students where there with rifles off the shelf.. If a student wants he/she can use one of Bobby's custom rifles. There was a couple of students picking up their custom 30 Harts one being a TV personality on the sportsman channel, the other being a well known outfitter in Iowa.. I myself have a custom rifle from RBROS that shoots flat and straight ..

Some other things I can point out there was no sales pitch pushing Hart rifles. What I thought was really cool , is when Bobby went over each persons rifle giving them suggestion of what upgrades they can do so they increase their accuracy. Another thing I believe was really cool is when I need more bullets to shoot .. Bobby reloaded some and said here Ray have fun ...

Thanks for letting me know about that. To me there is really no point going to a school if you can't use your own rifle. I know some will say well you need to get the basics down first but in my mind it would be better to do it with your own equipment. I am now definitely going to try and go to one of their schools next summer. Thanks again!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.