Shooting school in Idaho?

If you dont mind driving to Twin Bridges, MT.
Give Jordan Harmon a call at 406 Precision.

I instruct a school on private property not too far from Boise. I'd have to check with the owner if he's doing it this year.
Deadwood is a fun one. Prolly worth it for you

I took the long range shooting course from Shawn Carlock: Defensiveedge.com and really enjoyed it. He sets up a very comfortable "hunting camp" in the Idaho mountains outside Coeur D'Alene complete with gourmet camp cook. He does some classroom work and basic rifle skill testing then you head out and shoot at targets from 500 to over 2,000 yards. He has top end spotting scopes and a video camera that can show hits past 2,000 yards. Many cross canyon shots, great wind reading guidance and practice. After each day of shooting you settle in at camp and recap the days events while having a great meal. I not only had a great time but learned a ton.

What are you looking to learn? There are a bunch of us in the TV that shoot long range.
Do you have a club or range area that is available for 1000+ yard shooting ? I've gone to the range on Kuna Road but haven't ever seen anyone shooting at the long range targets there. The rangemaster didn't seem to know much about it. I was out shooting in the desert south of Twin Falls at. 1400 yards when 2 guys riding ATV'S popped up from nowhere into my line of sight. I have shot the same place for the past 20 years (sighting in various hunting rifles without ever seeing a sole.) Now I am leery about shooting there anymore. Just wouldn't be worth it if I were to hit someone.

Do you have a club or range area that is available for 1000+ yard shooting ? I've gone to the range on Kuna Road but haven't ever seen anyone shooting at the long range targets there. The rangemaster didn't seem to know much about it. I was out shooting in the desert south of Twin Falls at. 1400 yards when 2 guys riding ATV'S popped up from nowhere into my line of sight. I have shot the same place for the past 20 years (sighting in various hunting rifles without ever seeing a sole.) Now I am leery about shooting there anymore. Just wouldn't be worth it if I were to hit someone.
I know guys that go to Parma since they are setup for 1000. I normally setup in the desert but have the same issues with atv guys. We have the spotter watching for them more than spotting duties.

If I was in Idaho I would go to Shawn carlock Defensive edge shooting school for sure ! The man knows his stuff.

I took the long range shooting course from Shawn Carlock: Defensiveedge.com and really enjoyed it. He sets up a very comfortable "hunting camp" in the Idaho mountains outside Coeur D'Alene complete with gourmet camp cook. He does some classroom work and basic rifle skill testing then you head out and shoot at targets from 500 to over 2,000 yards. He has top end spotting scopes and a video camera that can show hits past 2,000 yards. Many cross canyon shots, great wind reading guidance and practice. After each day of shooting you settle in at camp and recap the days events while having a great meal. I not only had a great time but learned a ton.
How long is that school and how much does it cost sounds awesome ?

Very good instruction, he starts with a classroom session then field shooting. Lots of wind reading practice, 1000 yards out to 2300.

I'm looking at attending a long range shooting school just to get some good proper training. I'm in Boise Idaho and would like to stay close to home if possible. I've checked out gunwerks and moa rifles shooting schools. They both interest me. Anyone have any experience with either? Or does anyone know about any quality training in Idaho? Thanks
https://www.cross-hairslrhuntingschool.com/ I personally took this class in Idaho. Mike is a great guy and a great instructor. He has since then come to California and done four schools for us here.

I'm looking at attending a long range shooting school just to get some good proper training. I'm in Boise Idaho and would like to stay close to home if possible. I've checked out gunwerks and moa rifles shooting schools. They both interest me. Anyone have any experience with either? Or does anyone know about any quality training in Idaho? Thanks
https://www.cross-hairslrhuntingschool.com/ I personally took this class in Idaho. Mike is a great guy and a great instructor. He has since then come to California and done four schools for us here.
I forgot to mention he is right in Boise Idaho

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts