Shooting school in Idaho?

Joefrazell

I'm looking at attending a long range shooting school just to get some good proper training. I'm in Boise Idaho and would like to stay close to home if possible. I've checked out gunwerks and moa rifles shooting schools. They both interest me. Anyone have any experience with either? Or does anyone know about any quality training in Idaho? Thanks

What are you looking to learn? There are a bunch of us in the TV that shoot long range.

I'm looking at attending a long range shooting school just to get some good proper training. I'm in Boise Idaho and would like to stay close to home if possible. I've checked out gunwerks and moa rifles shooting schools. They both interest me. Anyone have any experience with either? Or does anyone know about any quality training in Idaho? Thanks
Crosshairs long range hunting school. Mike Perkins is the instructor. They are out of Boise Idaho. I have personally taken his class in Idaho. Very informative great class great guy. Since then he has come to my home town in northern California to teach classes for us. They have worked out great. Highly recommended .

Crosshairs looks really good. I'm going to get that going. They host one at Deadwood outfitters that would be alot of fun.

I've done the Gunwerks School, it is very informative and taught by people who know what they are talking about. It's a mix of class room discussion about all things long range shooting and the rest is time spent on the range. You'll be matched up with another student and will share a bench with a Gunwerks Rifle, Range Finder, Spotting Scope, Etc.

After the day is up, they allow students to stay and shoot for about an hour. Bring your rifle/ammo, learning how to use their rifles and gear is great but it won't help if you don't translate what you've learned to your own set-up. Instructors will be there for this and will help with any and all questions you may have.

If I were to do it over again, I'd sign up for the LRU classes that also offer a hunt at the end. I believe they offer one in Wyoming for Pronghorn and another Texas for Auodad.

Shooting School in Boise, Stockpile Defense is offering a class. Not sure when that will take place but I'd give those guys a shout.

While its not the professional training you are looking for, Boomershoot runs a clinic before the annual event in which they typically have snipers providing assistance. And you can spend lots of time on the line and near you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.