Shooting range, supplies, smith, in Albany NY area????

Aldon

I am reloacting to the Albany NY area in next couple of months.

I searched this forum and there evidently used to be a range near Albany but the link on that post to the information on the range no longer works.

Does anyone know of a decent shooting range in Albany area? One with 500 or 1000 yards options would be ideal.

And while I am at it, might as well go for the Trifecta, is there a good shooting supply store(s), and a good rifle smith(s) in the Albany area.

Anything within 2 hour drive of albany is acceptable and the closer the better.

I think ICANHITHIMMAN lives around Rochester and is a member here. You might try a PM to him.

I sent you a PM about ranges. Dont know about the other stuff as Albany is about 4 hours east of me. Rifle smiths in NY ha ha good luck Hart rifle barrels is south of sarycuse they can do it. Nearest rifle smith to me is Kevin Cram in PA about 3 hours south give or take. I live in the finger lakes south of rochester wine country.

Hope you find something if I win the lottery I am building a range here in NY cause there just are not any that offer what we want but that a fat chance.

If you win the lottery, do any of us LRH guys get a discount on range membership.:D

Free, heck I was only looking for a discount. I hope your hurrying out there to buy some of those lottery tickets.:)

Thanks gents.

I think I need to start posting more so i can get into the theoretical range for free:)

I used the link and found that there is a nice rod/gun club in Clifton Park but their website says membership is closed and they are not accepting anyone for the waiting list.

I think I need to win the lottery and build my own range as well.:D

Too bad they're all full up...75 bucks isn't a bad deal. Hopefully once you get there maybe you'll make a few contacts and who knows maybe someone's got a farm or such and you can shoot there.

Happy 4th,

Watervilet fisf and game protective assoc is located in Colonie,NY adjacent to Albany. They have all the usual shooting ranges (rifle,shotgun, indoor range for pistol and 22 rifle) and a very active action pistol group (ipsic,steel chalange,icor). they share part of their range w/ a long rang club (Forbes) which has a 500 and 1000 yrd range. you can check their web page for more info. we lost 3 or 4 good local gunshops over the last couple of years but there are still a few around. gunsmiths are a different story as the shops that closed were the ones that did that kind of work. I've had a good experience w/ a shop called White dog located in Illian (Remington's old home town,
about 1 1/2 hrs west of Albany) but that was a few years back so I don't know if they are still around.h
Hope that helps,
km

Thanks for the information KM.

I am most interested in the Range anyway.

I am actually tired of having to have to find FFL's so I may see what it takes for me to get mine. Very seldom use Smiths, but for machining, I still need them.

If I have FFL, then there are plenty of good ones in U.S.

just north of Syracuse.On rte 81 is a Gander Mtn.Dont know of any ranges yet.I will be lookin soon.Rick

I have heard good things about the Watervliet Fish and Game Protective Association, Inc and am currently trying to find someone who belongs to this one; you need a sponsor to join. Did you ever end of finding one? As far as shops I have been extremely happy with Zacks in Round Lake NY...about 35 minutes north of Albany on Route 9.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.