Shooting BETTER AT LONG RANGE

Hmmm... Reckon that means I can shoot quarter minute groups off a bipod on concrete -

in my sleep!?!

Cool. Thanks, S1! Baacck to sleep...
wink.gif

S1....D.C. and myself would be more than happy to show you around......Darryl,just dropped off my barrel and action tonight...Phil said it would be done in two week's.....
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ 01-06-2003: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

S1

I forgot to tell you, the rules for rifles do not allow bipods or any attachments to the stock in the light gun class.
No attachments to stocks such as but not limited to guides, slides, rails, blocks ect.

You can shoot prone with a front adjustable rest and sand bag or shoot from the bench in the light gun class which is up to 16 1/2 Lb.---Max muzzle diameter of .950"--max stock width of 3". Brakes are allowed in the light gun class but not the heavy guns.

Later
DC

S1

The brake cant be bigger then .950" either. No rearward discharge of the gases.
Barrel to have a constant tapor from 6" in front of the bolt face to the muzzle.

1/2" of sand between bottom of the stock and the retainer or container of the front rest.
No adjustable rear rest allowed in the light gun class, only sand bags.

Hope that helped.

later
DC

S1
That's about the way it is in the Heavy guns with a 100# limit. There are rules there too but not barrel tapor or no attachments to the stocks which ARE allowed.

The Light guns were set up many years ago to put everyone on the same playing field to start with. The class has grown rapidly and everyone has built guns to suit the rule structure.
It has worked for us at Williamsport and we are the oldest and largest 1000 yd club in the World.

We hold all 10 shot World Records also.

Come join us and have some fun.

Later
DC

Now wait a minute.

If you hold all the ten shot world records at that range, and your range is so hard to shoot at, and no one has figured your range out in over 30 years, what gives?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.