Shooting Bench

ruffneck

From the looks of the reloading benches on this site there are some carpenters among us! I am looking to build a shooting bench for my range at home and I am looking for some ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

ruffneck,
I put this together back in 98 from some scrap, stainless steel square tubing, 1" Delron (cutting boards) for the top and I used an arc welder and SS welding rods. I worked on it after 3rd shift (while drinking beer). Not sure if you can tell from the photo's but all three legs are adjustable, as is the seat. I also drilled a 1 3/4 to 2" hole through the top to put a patio umbrella through when the Carolina sun was beating down on me. That worked good for shade but not if the wind blew any, it would shake the whole bench. This is a good reason to think about separating the bench and seat, IMHO.

IMG_9391.jpg

IMG_9392.jpg

IMG_9393.jpg

IMG_9394.jpg

IMG_9395.jpg

P.S. it actually slide out of the back of my truck one day while going 55MPH down the road and my oldest son backed in to it right after he got his learners permit. It's tuff. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.