shooting bags

casilva43

What is the best type of bag to use for the rear of the gun. I'm talking about the small one you squeeze to raise your aim or relax to lower your aim. What are they called and which is the best one? Where can I order one of these?

You know what my favorite bags are? Homemade ones out of old bluejean pants legs and filled with sand. Sew up one end really tight. Fill about 3/4 full of sand, then sew up the other end. They work just fine. 2 in the front, 1 in the back. That's how I shoot all my groups, unless I decide to take the Caldwell tackdriver bag for the front, and use a sandbag for the rear.

Caldwell TackDriver Shooting Rest Bag Nylon Green Filled

Mine are homemade. Some kind of stretchy material filled with rice. You can also fill a sock, twist the top and fold back on it self, (if you can't sew).

Homemade. Sock filled with 6mm plastic Airsoft BB's tied off then put inside a second sock. Works great and is very lightweight.

I've got one about 4x6x8 I use when I don't have to carry it, but the one I use to pack around the mountains is a small, light one from Hollands that clips on to a belt or belt loop.

TAB Gear... and we've got them in stock. :)

IMG_5230.JPG

Primal Rights • Primal Rights -- TAB Gear - Rear Bag

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.