Shooters that do not hunt?

The same has happened here with the ranches being leased. Fortunately, Wyoming has vast public lands and low population so I haven't had to deal with the sea of orange as you say.

However, one of the problems we do have is private property owners are closing off access roads (two tracks),that have been used for decades, to that government land. The vast majority of these private properties are now owned by out of staters( most of which do not live here) that lease their properties to outfitters. The closing of access to public land, improves the outfitters success rates and also forces hunters to hire outfitters rather than make a "do it yourself" hunt!

In the near 40 years I've lived in Wyoming, the available public land is dramatically reduced. Many places that my wife's family hunted in the '60's are now locked-up like Ft. Knox! memtb

Yes, that's absolutely right. Like that guy down at Elk Mountain that is suing hunters for corner hopping blm sections to get up to the all public land. He also contends that flying over his land to get to Nat'l forest is trespassing because they are crossing his "air space" above his property.

However, one of the problems we do have is private property owners are closing off access roads (two tracks),that have been used for decades, to that government land. The vast majority of these private properties are now owned by out of staters( most of which do not live here) that lease their properties to outfitters. The closing of access to public land, improves the outfitters success rates and also forces hunters to hire outfitters rather than make a "do it yourself" hunt!

In the near 40 years I've lived in Wyoming, the available public land is dramatically reduced. Many places that my wife's family hunted in the '60's are now locked-up like Ft. Knox! memtb

Yes, that's absolutely right. Like that guy down at Elk Mountain that is suing hunters for corner hopping blm sections to get up to the all public land. He also contends that flying over his land to get to Nat'l forest is trespassing because they are crossing his "air space" above his property.

I was following that…..I sure hope that he wins!

We did get a little win in legislature lately….. a landowner putting "Private Property - No Tresspassing" signs on public property (roads) to stop hunters from accessing public land will be fined pretty heavily! This has also happened a lot! About darn time something is done about that! memtb

Last edited:
I was following that…..I sure hope that he wins!

We did get a little win in legislature lately….. a landowner putting "Private Property - No Tresspassing" signs on public property (roads) to stop hunters from accessing public land will be fined pretty heavily! This has also happened a lot! About darn time something is done about that! memtb
We have clowns that put up fake no hunting signs here all the time. Liberals move to the sticks then don't want anyone to hunt there. Screw them. Stay in the city.

If I lived in a western state, I would hunt Elk, (for meat) cuz I love elk. I'd also hunt Antelope. I shot more deer 🦌 than I deserve to have lol I love upland bird hunting.
But I just plain old love shooting rifles. Like today, I was shooting 440 yards with my 25-06, a sunny 35° My targets are on skids and so is my bench so they glide thru the snow ❄ I shoot at home 🏡
Tomorrow is 308 w/165's or 270 w/130's

Much cheaper and the opportunities are more plentiful to be just a shooter. The days of just walking out to the "back forty" and go hunting are a thing of the past. So sad and I am happy I had that gift in my lifetime.
I fortunately do both on my 80 acres. I don't deer hunt anymore but I go out and watch them. I shoot as often as possible like I did today and will tomorrow 😀

I've been reduced to an very occasional shooter~! From the days of frequent hog hunts on a 40,000 acres back in the dark ages, through ever tightening laws by the libs, to overly controlled and expensive distant shooting ranges, one of my passions have been taken away from me~! ACTUNG comrad~!

Recent Posts