Shooters in Oregon

rugerdog5

Me and my best friend will be heading over to ione for a thousand yard shoot at the end of April we will be taking a couple days before hand to do some varmint killin. If there is anyone along inbetween ptown and ione that wants to show us some new area we would like to meet some new people to shoot with. We both love shooting of any kind. Hit me up I'm always looking for new people to shoot with. gun)gun

Me and my best friend will be heading over to ione for a thousand yard shoot at the end of April we will be taking a couple days before hand to do some varmint killin. If there is anyone along inbetween ptown and ione that wants to show us some new area we would like to meet some new people to shoot with. We both love shooting of any kind. Hit me up I'm always looking for new people to shoot with. gun)gun

Whats the date on that shoot? I live in Pendleton, and have heard of this shoot but I'm usually not around do to my work. I will be home in a week or less so I would be interested in checking this out. Maybe we can hook up and give our local coyotes some hell. I live 15 miles outta town between Hermiston and Pendleton and there are plenty of dogs that need ventilated. I've got permission to hunt on approx 15,000 acres so plenty of room. Let me know what you think...

Terry

We would definatly be ok with wackin some dogs. Is there turkey out there too that's part of or trip just curious. The contact info is Betty grey the number is 541 422 7335. The shoot is a blast last year the wind made it imposible to hit the plate so I'm hoping there is less this year. You get unlimited time before hand to get a zero then when the match starts they call your number and you go to the bench and taken shot. It's 20 bucks a shot you can buy as many shots as you like. I forget what the prizes are but they have a couple raffles and a good BBQ for lunch. The money goes to fund iones forth of July event. Shoot me an email with contact info if you want to meet up and do some furry critter killin. [email protected]

I do know there are Turkeys around up in the Blue Mtns. and maybe dustybrown can chime in here. Indian lake area, comes to mind. Problem is private property, not sure. I moved over here from the coast (Newport) 5 years ago, But I know 1 spot for sure about an hour out of Pendleton. Coyotes are outside my door literally so ya, I'll email ya and we can go from there..

Terry

Nice I live in gearhart. I would much rather live over there though. I've done alotof hunting outside of longcreek. My buddy that's gonna be coming over with me lives in willimina

The shoot is alot of fun. My first time was last year and the wind sucked bad but the food was good so i'll be there.

Ya most of the turkys are still in the low country. Alot private stuff.
You might try yellow jacket road. Knock on some doors. Alot of calves on the ground too. Coyotes should be around.

The turkey hunting is more my buddie IDE rather kill coyotes personaly. So do you thing you will make it out to the shoot? Where is yellow jacket rd?

Unless were branding calves I'll be there. Yellow Jacket is just outside of Pilot Rock. 395 south just outa town. Roads not plowed yet. But you should make it quite aways.
Google map it. Also the road between hepner and ukiah. I call it western route road. Should be plowed. After the 5 th or so cattle guard it's Nat. Forest. Good dog country. Posibly by then the red diggers will be out on
Pearson creek too. If it warms up some you'll find some turkeys up higher away from private low lands.

Hey thanks for the info greatly appriciated. Hope to see you out there if you have the time. I'll be in the blue dodge diesel so if you make stop and say hey.

Rugerdog5 I live in Pendleton grew up in Pilot R.ock and also drive a blue Dodge cummins hope to see you guys there.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.