Shooter Ballistic Software

Scooter

I'm guessing I'm probably the last kid on the block to download ballistic software to my phone, but I finally did it. There are a number of them out there, but I choose "Shooter" for no particular reason other than a few people mentioned it on the internet.

I've been in the process of sitting in front of the computer with the instructions on the screen trying to learn my away around this software. Initially I've entered data for various guns and hand loads with known characteristics so when I plot solutions & tables, I will already have a good idea whether or not the data the software is kicking out is accurate. Obviously, when the software is giving me erroneous data, I then go back and figure out what mistakes I made in entering variables or in setting up the software. I've made some mistakes, but I am learning.

Most of what I entered so far seems to be pretty accurate. The issue though that has me stumped is when I went to develop a profile for one of my .22's. Due to the low BC and Slow initial MV, the trajectory of a .22 rim fire is kind of like plotting a rainbow in a relatively short distance. So after I populated the information for the rifle and the ammo, I went looking for a way to change the range increments in the table, (currently set for 50 yard increments, 10-20 yards would probably be more appropriate). I'm sure there is a way to do this, but I can't figure out how.

The instructions say this is under the "Preferences" section, but I can't figure out how to get into the "Preferences". The instructions elaborate the following;

"You can access the Preferences by touching the Preferences button at the bottom right of the screen when you first open Shooter or by touching the Menu button on your device and choosing the Preferences option which is also on the first screen of Shooter (Firearm Profile screen)."

At least on my Iphone 7 screen, there is no "Preferences" button on the bottom right when the software is open and the menu button takes me back to the main screen. So what am I doing wrong?

Go to settings on your phone,,then scroll down to Shooter app, open it then scroll down to distance step size
Hope this helps !

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better I haven't loaded a shooting app on my phone yet. Of course it is a flip phone with no data plan but that gives me room to grow:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.