Shooter App Question

DesertBoy

Recently downloaded the Shooter App on my phone, and have been playing around with it. Don't have a load developed yet, however I inputted a ball park number for velocity to get familiar with the app. One thing I am curious about is the difference from just using the altitude compared to manually entering the barometric pressure. With a .284, 175gr Berger @ 2950fps, the difference from using altitude to the actual pressure is anywhere from 2.5MOA-3MOA difference at 1000 yards. I have never used an app before, always used my fathers equipment, back in the day it was exbal, and than he stared using the BR-2 products. I am guessing that the actual pressure is going to be my best bet?

So I have the option to use Altitude or "Pressure is absolute." I live in Phoenix, so I wanted to compare to a higher altitude situation. The town Show Low in AZ is about 6300ft. I looked at the barometric pressure according to the weather station up there, it show 30.25, and than compared it to the altitude on the app. Altitude gives me a solution at 22.5 MOA, and if I enter the pressure it gives me 24.9 MOA

Gunwerks "Rule of Thumb" example.

Attachments

• BFE344FE-B88F-4D33-A3B7-9BA7A01EB55C.png
    BFE344FE-B88F-4D33-A3B7-9BA7A01EB55C.png
    304.7 KB · Views: 156
Use actual pressure.

Not sure HOW you are at 6200' AMSL and have 30.25" barometric pressure. I think you have some errant data on that. 29.92" is sea level. 6200' standard pressure should be around 23.80". Which makes a HUGE difference at distance.
I see what you are saying now. When I slide it over to use "Pressure is absolute" it changed to input station pressure not barometric pressure. Thanks for the help

The confusion is barometric pressure vs station pressure. Barometric is normally corrected to sea level. Station pressure is the actual pressure at the location. I am not familiar with Shooter but it needs station pressure for the calculations. It can get it from barometric pressure and altitude or from just station pressure.

Attachments

• Altitude vs Standard Staion Pressure.png
    Altitude vs Standard Staion Pressure.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 102
to enter altitude and baro. pressure or just station pressure. I didn't realize when I "slid" on the app to use absolute pressure, that it changed from barometric pressure to station pressure. So essentially I was trying using the barometric pressure where station pressure should have been entered. Thus throwing my elevation solution about 3 MOA off.

So when I slide to use pressure is absolute, it changes the input above from Baro. pressure to Station Pressure. I didn't realize that and was using Baro. Pressure instead of station