Shoot through tape on your barrel?

I always tape my suppressor when hunting. I have taken numerous animals with no issues and have tested this extensively at the range. No POI shift or other issues.

Recent hunt (photo below) was a 9-day mtn goat hunt where I had my suppressor taped the whole time until I fired a fatal shot on Day 9.

Card 1 Edited-153.jpg

I always tape my suppressor when hunting. I have taken numerous animals with no issues and have tested this extensively at the range. No POI shift or other issues.

Recent hunt (photo below) was a 9-day mtn goat hunt where I had my suppressor taped the whole time until I fired a fatal shot on Day 9.

View attachment 404686
Man oh man, what a cool pic!!!

View attachment 404686
Beautiful country, roughly where is that? What state and/or mountain range

For those of you that protect your muzzle with things like tape or plastic wrap (condom if you will) do you shoot through it if the time arises? I'm not talking about a 1000 yard precision shot but if you were within let's say 100-200 yards of your game would you take a few seconds and remove the obstruction (tape) or just leave it on and pull the trigger?

I have heard people say that the blast would most likely push the tape off but I'm in the school of thought you never shoot with an obstruction in the barrel. Just curious of real world experiences.
you actually dont shoot "through" it, the muzzle blast and pressure blow it off before bullet reaches the crown. zero remains exactly the same

Recent Posts