Shoot big game from the road/vehicle in wyoming?

orkan

I've never pronghorn hunted in WY before. I was watching pronghorn hunting videos on youtube, and youtube played this one after the one I was watching... and I was shocked at what I saw.

At about 5:40 in the video, the passenger leans over the door/hood and drops a tiny buck from the vehicle. I wasn't aware any state allowed this type of thing. I certainly don't agree with this type of "hunting." Coyotes, and other critters... that doesn't bother me at all. I shoot a pile of skunks and other vermin from the window of my truck... but pronghorn? (and a little baby buck at that) Kind of upsetting to see.

From the Wyoming handbook.
Prohibited Acts. It is Illegal to: • Shoot or attempt to kill any wildlife from any public road or highway. No person shall fire any firearm from, upon, along or across any public road or highway. No person shall knowingly fire any rifle from the enclosed lands of one person onto or across the enclosed lands of another without the permission of both person
Harass, pursue, hunt, shoot or kill any Wyoming wildlife except predatory animals with, from or by use of any flying machine, automotive vehicle, trailer, motor-propelled wheeled vehicle or vehicle designed for travel over snow. The Commission may exempt handicapped hunters from any of these provisions. It is also illegal to shoot waterfowl from a boat under power or sail

It also looks like there is a ranch house in the background immediately behind the antelope? It is illegal to shoot antelope from a vehicle in Wyoming!

Hunter-ed.com

Course Outline

Course Outline​

Shooting Regulations

In Wyoming, it is illegal to:
  • Use a fully automatic firearm to take any wildlife.
  • Shoot any wildlife, except predatory animals, from a vehicle.
  • Hunt, shoot, or attempt to kill any wildlife from, upon, along, or across any public road or highway.
    • This includes:
      • Any roadway that is publicly maintained or…
      • Any roadway that is privately maintained and is open to public vehicular traffic or…
      • The area on a fenced public road or highway or the road's surface or…
      • The area perpendicular to the road surface on an unfenced public road or highway for a distance of 30 feet from the roadway.
    • Two-track trails on public lands are not public roads.

Two-track trails on public lands are not public roads

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^ memtb

This doesn't look like a 2-track. ;)

Screen grab from the vid:

AZS14TNh.jpg

Recent Posts