Shoot 6.5x55 from a 6.5 creedmoor rifle...

Try it and let us know how big a hammer is required to close the bolt. Lmao

Actually don't. I cannot understand how anyone with a firearm could even consider it possible. Shows the level of education that is going on these days.

I thought that was the reason for the barrels being stamped so they could match the ammo to the gun.
Takes the guess work out of it once you can read and comprehend the English language, not that Im the master of it just but I can match the numbers on the barrel.

I think a 6.5-300 Bee would work just right.
I have both calibers and the 6.5 x 300 would not fit in the Creedmoor, however I did manage to get the 6.5 Manbun to successfully fit in the 6.5 Bee. LOL :eek:😂

Well, you can shoot a 244 remington into a 6mm remington. A 375 h&h into a 375 weatherby , a 44 spécial into a 44 magnum...etc .we all started not knowing anything about the subject. I suggest for the op to read the book cartridges of the world to learn more .
Very sound advice!!!

The orginal question was would a 6.5 x 55 fit into a 6.5 Creekmore. He is new and at least he is asking question. That how we learn. That was his first post. I don't think anybody want to get someone hurt. If a bad question is ask or wanting to know about something. This is a place to go. I don't feel that smart remarks is what it's all about here. You may wonder about the question, but helping hand should help clear it up for them.
I have been around with people here, but no harm or faul either. Some people get real protective on what is said or talked about. We all trying to head in the direction of a perfect hole with 5 rounds. So guide the man not beat him up.

Well, you can shoot a 244 remington into a 6mm remington. A 375 h&h into a 375 weatherby , a 44 spécial into a 44 magnum...etc .we all started not knowing anything about the subject. I suggest for the op to read the book cartridges of the world to learn more .
Maybe I'm missing something, how is shooting a .244 Remington in a 6mm Remington making a point? They are both the same cartridge just renamed. Just asking Cheers.

Ernest Rutherford discovered atomic energy when he fired a 30-06 round in a 30-40 Krag

I just have to say, that is a sweet muley in your avatar! What was the spread on that thing? What state was that in? Sorry, curiosity gets to me at times! :)
My daughter killed that brute. Biggest deer in the family.
32 1/8" wide, 196 3/8" gross.
AZ buck.

454 yards, 6.5SLR (.260 Rem w. neck-shoulder of 6.5x47L) and a 130 OTM @ 2925fps. No, it wouldn't fit in a 6.5CM, 6.5x55 Swede, or .260 Rem chamber either.
20191122_094041.jpg

Last edited: