Shoot 6.5x55 from a 6.5 creedmoor rifle...

I like the 6.5 x 55 back when I was 14yr old. I ended up with on a few years back. It's Mauser 96 action so you can load it up and that's fine with me. I was really impressed with the long bullet.
I am reply to myselve and others. That Mauser 96 action is limited in handing powder charges. It's not a very strong action. I should have stated that the 96 action can't be load up. Sorry about the missed typo.

Yes. There is a big problem. Fortunately you wouldn't even be able to get the 6.5x55 to chamber in the 6.5 Creedmoor gun. They shoot the same diameter projectile. That's where the dimensional similarities end.

Yes. There is a big problem. Fortunately you wouldn't even be able to get the 6.5x55 to chamber in the 6.5 Creedmoor gun. They shoot the same diameter projectile. That's where the dimensional similarities end.
i realize that too. The biggest thing is I miss stated about the Mauser 96 and 95 action. They are weak actions. They will work on a 7mm Mauser and 6.5 x 55 cartrigdes, or probable any low pressure cartridege. If staying with old loads and don't hop up the powder loads.
Good luck trying to fix a 6.5x55 into a Creedmore rifle.

i realize that too. The biggest thing is I miss stated about the Mauser 96 and 95 action. They are weak actions. They will work on a 7mm Mauser and 6.5 x 55 cartrigdes, or probable any low pressure cartridege. If staying with old loads and don't hop up the powder loads.
I've been loading the 6.5 x55 for years with the 96 action , the heat treating and the SWEDISH steel are great and I load to the max , never a problem with set back etc . The 93 Mauser a little more caution , other than not having the third safety lug and being a small ring ,the blow up test are about the same as a 98 Mauser . I do take in consideration the age and so called weak points , but they are way underrated other wise KIMBER would not have put their name on some of their sporters. I have 3- 96 mausers one of my favorite loads was the 125 gr NOSLER partitions with 47 hrs of H 4350 with a cci 250 mag primer at 3000 fps. , always start low and work up . Some military rifles are in better shape than others , mine are in like new condition .

I was responding to the OP. Sorry for the confusion.

I've been loading the 6.5 x55 for years with the 96 action , the heat treating and the SWEDISH steel are great and I load to the max , never a problem with set back etc . The 93 Mauser a little more caution , other than not having the third safety lug and being a small ring ,the blow up test are about the same as a 98 Mauser . I do take in consideration the age and so called weak points , but they are way underrated other wise KIMBER would not have put their name on some of their sporters. I have 3- 96 mausers one of my favorite loads was the 125 gr NOSLER partitions with 47 hrs of H 4350 with a cci 250 mag primer at 3000 fps. , always start low and work up . Some military rifles are in better shape than others , mine are in like new condition .
I have a 3 - 98 action that have been redone and chamber for other types of cartridge. 220swift, 25/06, 308 N Mag. 1 6.5 x 55 in 96 action. Using what is shown on powder loads have been held back because of that. My sons both 98 actions in 308 N Mag and I load them up on powder. Generally H4350 in the 75+Gr area.

I have that problem all the time......getting 6.5-284,sweede and Grendel cases mixed up in the wrong gun🙄 Had a guy a while back ask me what else he could shoot in his 6.5 creed? I thought his was jokeing but he was serious!
And they wonder why creed owners get a bad rap, the round is what it is but the owners are very questionable sometimes🤔
Some of us grew up around parents and grandparents that had us shooting and hunting at a very early age and explained gun safety to us. Also when I was learning to shoot and hunt back in the early seventies our state DNR would come to our grade schools at least once every year and we were taught gun and hunting safety by some very knowledgeable professionals, unfortunately today they teach the kids to be afraid of those evil guns and that they should be outlawed, my how things have changed since I was a kid growing up in the hills of West Virginia and going squirrel hunting and packing my own rifle when I was six years old.

Some of us grew up around parents and grandparents that had us shooting and hunting at a very early age and explained gun safety to us. Also when I was learning to shoot and hunt back in the early seventies our state DNR would come to our grade schools at least once every year and we were taught gun and hunting safety by some very knowledgeable professionals, unfortunately today they teach the kids to be afraid of those evil guns and that they should be outlawed, my how things have changed since I was a kid growing up in the hills of West Virginia and going squirrel hunting and packing my own rifle when I was six years old.
Not quite the same, but on those lines. I was started on a model 62 win at 5yrs old. It was kind of big for my at that time. I dad reformed a Boy Scout Troop as I became of age. There was a man that was instructor that did the course, other fathers pitched in and we able to get our hunting licenses. Born to hunt. My son I did much of the same thing. Except I became the instructor, My sons still hunt and teaching their kids to do the same.
During my 5-8 grade both teachers as so hunted. We would compare note in Monday after the weekend on who got what.
In my group, I am the only one the keep the hunting going. I also felt that what I learned hunting came into advantage in Vietnam. I knew how to hunt, had learn to watch. which I put that to uses, and added to my skills.
Nothing like handing things down.

My first rifle was a 30 M1 carbine , with a 30 rd mag I started shooting it when I was around 9 yrs old , I shot left handed with my BB gun but learned real quick too shoot right handed when I started shooting the carbine , hot brass in the face gets your attention. I shoot right handed to date. MIKE we are close in age , thanks for your service .

I am left hand myself. I used a M-16 or Car-15 for a year in Vietnam. They never cause me any problem. I can even to begin to say how many hundreds of time I fired that rifle at full auto from the shoulder with 18 in a clip. Couldn't get my hands onto 30 round clips. In the Army they don't build lefthand actions that I know of.

I think Elvis has left the building.

1675163581967.png

Yeah, it's the wrong cartridge for the 6.5 creed. The bullet diameter and case head (primer end) are the only thing they have in common. Just taking a quick glance at the saamj drawings I don't think youd even be able to close the bolt on a x55 in the Creedmoor.

Don't try it.
And my Q is why?

Very Bad idea!!! This sort of 'EXPERIMENTATION" , should never be considered legitimate. I have seen too much of this foolishness in my years in the gun dept . Rem 7mm Express or 280, in a 7mm Rem mag case. 300 win in a 300 Weatherby . The bad thing is that when someone gets away with doing something potentially dangerous like this, it then become ok , and others try it. The only switch I am aware of that is safe is .458 Ein Mag to 458 Lott. Why can't they just use the correct ammo???