Shockey joins Christensen Arms

Due to the success of all his shows, only God Knows what he gets per episode , and also per commercial. He has become a huge , profitable Franchise. He still has an outfitting service, and owns huge tracts of land. I say congratulations to the man , from going from outfitter to a successful business man, and celebrity , while still doing what he loves. May we all experience the success we work for ,financial freedom for our families , and personal happiness. I have used Nosler for many years, long before I ever heard his name , and also Hornaday, and other brands ,too . Never because of some guy in a commercial, only because I liked the results , in a given load , out of a particular rifle. Its all about having fun guys.

Both are great people and Jim's dad was to I do nothing with nosler glad he is going with Christiansen arms great guns what caliber is Jim using does any one know

6.5 PRC for sure and whatever else Hornady and CA have in common...probably a Creedmoor too.

It's interesting since Jim has said countless times that the 338 RUM is his favorite big game cartridge...and yet CA and Hornady don't make it.

IMO, Guys like Jim are great for hunting because he is conscious of giving back to support what we love doing. Advocacy is important because whether we are hunters, or shooters, or both we are greatly outnumbered by urban folk that understand nothing about what we do. In Canada he has used his name and brand to try and help us keep the right to hunt and shoot. Also, I respect individuals who can build a brand like he has simply through smarts and hard work. Good on em.

Jim's hunting shows are very good all the way around. The filming & photography are amazing. My wife even likes his shows. It really surprises me that he went with Christensen. I hunt very rough country & I was looking at a Christensen the other day. The gun dealer told me the carbon barrels do not hold up to abrasion very well.

Jim's hunting shows are very good all the way around. The filming & photography are amazing. My wife even likes his shows. It really surprises me that he went with Christensen. I hunt very rough country & I was looking at a Christensen the other day. The gun dealer told me the carbon barrels do not hold up to abrasion very well.
I've had a Christensen barrel on a 300 WSM for about fifteen years. I've had no issues, looks like the day I got it.

Well of course everything on this website is an opinion and I'm sure you all know the saying about opinions. To say I am jealous of what Jim Shockey has and is doing would be a huge understatement. He has worked himself right to the top of the ladder in the hunting industry, hunted all over the world, more than likely for next to no cost to himself, and he's done a lot of it with his family members by his side. How could life be any better? Is he making millions of dollars, **** straight and if any of you say you wouldn't do the same thing for what he is getting, your just kidding yourself. Its easy to sit back and say you wouldn't but when the green stuff starts flying peoples values and way of thinking change in a hurry. He is a great advocate for our hunting heritage and quite frankly the face of hunting for millions of viewers worldwide. I see no down side to what he is doing and he promotes our sport as good if not better than anyone else out there. Good luck Jim Shockey and keep on Hunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts