Shock Hammer 30 cal 166 gr

I called and talk to them today, great people. I appreciate all the input given here. I'm probably going to use those in my RUM, I just ordered some Hammer Hunters.
Steve at Hammer has been nothing but a great help with Hammer's products. As I previously wrote, what I have found is there is a learning curve to loading these bullets; they are unlike other manufacturer's bullets. From Hammer's literature they are made to a slightly larger diameter then other manufacturer's bullets to compensate for looser bores, and the grooves are for allowing that extra .0002 tenths to have a place to move to if that .0002 tenths is not needed. I had trouble reloading for an AR in .450 Bushmaster that was built with a custom, match barrel. With loads that were started 1 1/2 grains below maximum we were blowing primers, not so with a bullet manufactured by another company and with the same load data. I just got a Ruger, Gunsite Scout rifle in .450 Bushmaster that will be coming with me on our next black bear hunt in September.

I tried several hammer bullets in my 300 WSM. Started with 199 hammers and worked all the way down to 166. I had issues with too much powder capacity being used up by these long all copper bullets in my 300 WSM. I really tried hard to get them to work for me but in the end, the 212 ELD-X ended up shooting much better. Best of luck and stay safe. Maybe long copper bullets in the short cased WSMs just aren't meant to be. Maybe try the 124 grain or something shorter like that. Screaming fast and will be good out to 400 yards or so.

I tried several hammer bullets in my 300 WSM. Started with 199 hammers and worked all the way down to 166. I had issues with too much powder capacity being used up by these long all copper bullets in my 300 WSM. I really tried hard to get them to work for me but in the end, the 212 ELD-X ended up shooting much better. Best of luck and stay safe. Maybe long copper bullets in the short cased WSMs just aren't meant to be. Maybe try the 124 grain or something shorter like that. Screaming fast and will be good out to 400 yards or so.
My personal favorite in the wsm is the 166g Hammer Hunter. Runs 3200 ish with staball 6.5, rl17, or superformance.

Running short barrel 19" gas gun 300 WSM extremely happy with 135 Power Hammer. Getting 3505 FPS. Devastating to Texas hog population. Dropped hog at 300 yards.

i love hammer bullets and call myself a friend of steve and brian. i am reluctant to change my 300 wsm load of 168 gr barnes ttsx at 3260 because it has worked so well for so long. that being said i probably will try the 155 hunters just for fun.

i love hammer bullets and call myself a friend of steve and brian. i am reluctant to change my 300 wsm load of 168 gr barnes ttsx at 3260 because it has worked so well for so long. that being said i probably will try the 155 hunters just for fun.
Hey Doc! Let's run the 166g Hammer Hunter in the 300wsm. The 155's are in the 7mm!

34233BC6-18F0-4A5D-8B94-06409958E4D5.jpeg

Found 19, 174gr Hammer Hunters for my19" 300WSM . Gonna run pressure load with IMR4350 this weekend.