• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Shipping to California

Status
Not open for further replies.

1maxhunter

Just something to state here. If you are afraid to ship a components to California because of legal matters please state that in your post. ( will not ship to California because I'm afraid!) We can except components to this state.. We can not get LOADED AMMO!!!! If you feel that this is a problem state it!

I guess I understand the fear, but it's just lazy on their part not to take a couple minutes to verify the regs.

That has saved me a ton of $$ on rifles.I believe ammo is also easy but needs to be shipped to a ffl.
The gun thing gets me as it isnt any different for the seller as any other state-it is on the buyers end.

Just something to state here. If you are afraid to ship a components to California because of legal matters please state that in your post. ( will not ship to California because I'm afraid!) We can except components to this state.. We can not get LOADED AMMO!!!! If you feel that this is a problem state it!

The seller is in no way obligated to explain how they want to conduct their sales transaction as long as it is legal and meets the rules of this site.

Explain to me why I living in Montana should I look up California regulations and call me lazy for it.

Agreed!

It is a problem. California has quite the number of laws that most folks in the rest of the country can not even fathom, and seem to change on a pretty regular basis.

If you live in CA, and want to purchase something that the seller is anxious about, how about you do the homework and provide the seller a copy of the applicable laws so everyone feels safe conducting the transaction?

It is a problem. California has quite the number of laws that most folks in the rest of the country can not even fathom, and seem to change on a pretty regular basis.

If you live in CA, and want to purchase something that the seller is anxious about, how about you do the homework and provide the seller a copy of the applicable laws so everyone feels safe conducting the transaction?
Agreed! And they try to make the rest of the country adjust to them. BTW, I left CA in 1989 and never looked back.

Explain to me why I living in Montana should I look up California regulations and call me lazy for it.
I would like to apologize. I'm sorry because I may have overstated it; 'lazy' is probably too strong of an adjective. I should have written more clearly.

I should also clarify that I deplore Ca and would have moved to a free state a long time ago if were not for certain ties keeping me here.

I know that many states have arbitrary and illogical laws that we all have to navigate IF we have any desire to do business with residents there. I'm thankful that there are still retailers and/or distributors who are will to navigate these laws.

Glad to have you to Ed!
Thanks, Brother! MT has always been in my assignment dream sheet. As luck would have it, I got it as my last duty assignment in 2003. I retired from USAF in 2007 but still work for the Dept of the AF. It has been my best assignment and the best place I have ever lived, not to mention the good folks of Montana. The Big Sky Country is God's Country.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts