Shipping to a gunsmith

Not out one penny, you will actually get paid for the amount of the machined parts you insured them for. If they find them then your package is delivered and you don't need to file a claim.

You actually believe that? Will be interesting when they want a receipt for your machine parts and it's a gun and they deny it as you broke their rules. Good luck. Lol

Not out one penny, you will actually get paid for the amount of the machined parts you insured them for. If they find them then your package is delivered and you don't need to file a claim.
Rifle parts and firearm parts are just "PARTS". What is considered a firearm is the ACTION with a SS#.
When it comes to an insurance claim from a lost UPS package even though you insured it for XX $s as machine parts, UPS will want to know what the parts were to justify the value. So if sending a rifle, and it gets lost, you will need to come up with some machine parts. Could be a trigger, barrel, stock bottom plate, ect. You will get paid if filing a claim. The part that will get you in trouble with the law is the lost rifle - receiver with the SS#. If it turns up and the ATF tracks it back to your package you will be in more trouble than you ever expected. Federal Charges and Felonies. Good by to any current/future employment. Better have a good lawyer and bank account.

Ups just ruled all firearms accessories except optics have to follow the firearms procedures.

FedEx I'm not sure where they are at on that.

I had to file several claims over the years as a gunsmith.

You will have to prove value.

You could send a bunch of false proofs of value in but that's a little thing called insurance fraud and may catch up with you.

Honesty is the best policy. Spend the little bit of money and do it the right way.

Actually firearm parts are forbidden through UPS from individuals. They dropped the hammer on all of it in September. You can still ship scopes though.

I just shipped a rifle via fedex today. Copy of the FFL I'm sending it to is all I've ever needed and that hasn't changed in years now.

I got a rifle back from warranty work a month ago via UPS directly to me. Like they've done forever as well.

I just shipped a rifle via fedex today. Copy of the FFL I'm sending it to is all I've ever needed and that hasn't changed in years now.

I got a rifle back from warranty work a month ago via UPS directly to me. Like they've done forever as well.

Rifles/pistols coming back from warranty or going to warranty with a prepaid label is fine and they still do it. It's true shipping from an individual of a firearm or parts that was changed through ups.

Your FedEx must not have gotten the memo when they changed their rules or don't care which is nice for you but they aren't supposed to ship like that either.

I think with warranty work you can send the firearm directly back to the manufacture through UPS.

You can ship directly back for warranty work.

Here are the FedEx rules for shipping firearms. As you can see you got lucky as No unlicensed person can ship firearms.

Interesting. I wonder when they changed that. It's not a law, just policy. The ATF is plenty fine with common carriers shipping firearms from non-FFLs.

They changed it last year before UPS did so it's been a while. And no not a law but it goes back to you are taking your chances shipping it if lost or stolen and not shipped under their policy.

And your UPS must be an anomaly as everyone I have used in multiple states has asked what was in the package when shipping and especially when insured.