Shipping suppressors

Revolting Peasant

I will be shipping two suppressors.
One will be returned to the manufacturer for an upgrade/recore.
One will go to a machine shop (Ecco) for repairs.
Manufacturer says UPS or USPS both are fine, I should insure the package, wrap it well and send it. I have not discussed shipping with Ecco yet.

Any advice, experience from folks actually shipping/receiving suppressors? No speculation please. Looking for real world experience and advice. Just checking before I send my children off into the ether.

Same. Suppressor in original packaging, overbox with something that doesn't proclaim what it is. I don't call a suppressor a firearm (because it legally isn't) but that's not to say UPS couldn't trigger their pick-up only policy for firearms if you tell the counter person what it is. "Auditory accessories" and yes insurance on $2,000 please.

I take things like this to a real UPS center and ship via ground, not a UPS store or 3rd party vendor, so that way it was tendered directly to the motor carrier and not an intermediary.

I'm not sure where to look, but unless the machine shop has the proper FFL, I think you are out of bounds. Individual to basically individual.
The one going back to mfg'r is legit.

When I shipped to Thunderbeast they provided paperwork to put in the box with the can (it was a recall on the can). Not sure that paperwork is necessary but was easy enough. Used UPS, shipped from their shipping center just like I do when I ship a gun.

Update. So I shipped the first suppressor to Ecco machine to get the AAC 51 tooth removed and rethreaded Bravo. Ecco sent a detailed shipping guide. I took the package to an area UPS shipping hub (actual UPS, not contractor). Shipped it off insured and got a receipt with tracking number as advised.
Then all my tracking updates said "shipment delayed, could not move trailer".

Finally it showed delivered, dropped off at residence with (name).
I immediately emailed Ecco, this was fairly late in the evening and got a text back within 30 minutes confirming delivery. She went out and laid hands on it and confirmed entry in database.

Whew.

Awesome, sounds like they took care of you!

A vendor accidentally sent my suppressor to the wrong ZIP code once. Sat at a UPS hub for about a week while they decided what to do about a bad address, then it got sent back to the vendor then on to my FFL finally Their shipping manager was very nice about it..... to me. At one point I thought she was going to drive to the hub herself and sort it out. I would have been terrified of her if she showed up mad at me 🤣 I got all the warm fuzzies that she'd take care of me, and have bought many more expensive items from them without issue.