• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Shipping Loaded Ammo UPS New Requirements 2021

I shipped small arms via UPS yesterday. Process was very easy actually. Printed label and ORMD diamond at my house, slapped it on the box, texted my friendly UPS driver to swing by the house and pick up package. Done! There is a form that I printed out with all shipping details on it, that he signed and kept a copy, then signed and gave me a copy for receipt. Tracking info was populated almost immediately....package should arrive tomorrow. The majority of the credit here goes to my UPS guy.....awesome dude.

UPS does not charge extra to ship small arms. That is clear on their website. Seems like when there are issues with shipping it always stems back to an individual who works for the shipper....not usually the company itself. I'm very lucky to have a solid employee on my route!

Shipping loaded ammunition much less any component will not be legal at some point during this pathetic administration. Keep your powder dry.
Yeah... I fear that we're rapidly headed for that. Also excessive taxation of ammo and related products.

Batten down the hatches mate. We're in for a hell of a blow....

My permanent residence is in Augusta, GA and I have shipped quite a bit of loaded ammo recently. The UPS Customer Center in Augusta is open 8am-7pm. It amazes me at the significant amount of ammo packed in a fairly small box that can be shipped anywhere in the continental U.S. for just $9.65. I recently shipped 50 rounds of buckshot in a medium sized box for around $20. Everything I've shipped via UPS recently has arrived on time or sooner to my buyers.

I recently made a temporary move to north central NY and the UPS Customer Centers in Cadyville, NY and Potsdam, NY are still closed due to Covid-19 indefinitely. Since we can't ship ammo from the UPS Store. I barged into one of the Customer Centers to find out what to do. Long story short, I gotta meet "the guy" who gets to the hub between 5:00pm-6:00pm. He's the only person in the entire town that can do my ammo shipment. Actually that would be great, but up here, this guy makes me pay an extra $6.70 for Adult Signature. He says its required, so it now costs $16.35 to ship a single box of turkey loads. However, every person I have shipped ammo to since coming to this godforsaken place has found their ammo on their front porch without any adult signature just like it has always been. Supposedly UPS drivers are not doing signatures at this time...why?...due to Covid-19.

Anyone see what's wrong with this picture?

I've had 3 shipments of powder this week via UPS and all were left at my door with "Left At Door" stickers. In a small town and knowing the driver for some time, he is leaving them not because of the China flu but, it saves time and he because he now can.