• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Shipping Guns

I saw an airline baggage handler take my brother in-laws rifle case, stand it up on end at the top of the baggage ramp and push it over so it fell down fast and hit hard. It was pretty clear he was trying to do damage, since it took extra effort to do it. My guess is we might be encountering some anti gun types in shipping who are more than too happy to try and damage someone's rifle.
Absolutely, I believe that it's intentional, So one must over wrap and over box.

I saw an airline baggage handler take my brother in-laws rifle case, stand it up on end at the top of the baggage ramp and push it over so it fell down fast and hit hard. It was pretty clear he was trying to do damage, since it took extra effort to do it. My guess is we might be encountering some anti gun types in shipping who are more than too happy to try and damage someone's rifle.
I think so too

One of the current challenges is the UPS surcharge for anything over 48". Does anyone know if fedex is cheaper on plano case size boxes? IIRC UPS goes from about $25-30 to $60 when you add an inch at some point.

Not exactly sure where to post this but wanted to share this. I have several rifles shipped to me a year as I'm sure many of us here do... We all know the shipping situation that's going on with FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc... I'm still waiting on a rifle from April... Yea, right. We all know by now Bubba has his tasco dead on and he's bustin nannies on the back 40 with it. I'll never see that rifle...
Anyways, something we need to pay attention to when shipping a rifle, packaging. I have literally received a rifle with the barrel sticking out of the box and have had 1 with the stock from pistol grip back laying in the bottom of the box when I pulled the rifle out. One more thing, please do not send a scope mounted on top of a rifle wrapped up in a cardboard box.
Yesterday I received a rifle that was packed up pretty dang good... Had the box padded, taped good and everything looked good. Pulled the rifle out and it a cracked all the way across the grip... It's a miracle these days that we even receive the rifle, a bonus if it's in working order. Pack the items as you would want them packed for yourself. Mark it fragile, let them know something can be damaged if it's kicked, slammed or whatever else they do with these packages.
This post is not about trashing anybcarriers, it's just a buyer/seller heads up. View attachment 222735View attachment 222736View attachment 222737
Not exactly sure where to post this but wanted to share this. I have several rifles shipped to me a year as I'm sure many of us here do... We all know the shipping situation that's going on with FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc... I'm still waiting on a rifle from April... Yea, right. We all know by now Bubba has his tasco dead on and he's bustin nannies on the back 40 with it. I'll never see that rifle...
Anyways, something we need to pay attention to when shipping a rifle, packaging. I have literally received a rifle with the barrel sticking out of the box and have had 1 with the stock from pistol grip back laying in the bottom of the box when I pulled the rifle out. One more thing, please do not send a scope mounted on top of a rifle wrapped up in a cardboard box.
Yesterday I received a rifle that was packed up pretty dang good... Had the box padded, taped good and everything looked good. Pulled the rifle out and it a cracked all the way across the grip... It's a miracle these days that we even receive the rifle, a bonus if it's in working order. Pack the items as you would want them packed for yourself. Mark it fragile, let them know something can be damaged if it's kicked, slammed or whatever else they do with these packages.
This post is not about trashing anybcarriers, it's just a buyer/seller heads up. View attachment 222735View attachment 222736View attachment 222737
Also I would like to mention, Shippers should not put the buyers name on the FFL's address. Have had that happen a couple of times. Actually had the delivery person try to deliver to the person rather than me, the FFL.

I just received a scope that I purchased from a fellow on line....came in a limp cardboard box, wrapped in tissue paper.......

That sucks about your rifle. I always tell the seller that I'll pay for them to go buy a cheap hard case to ship it in. I've never had any issues when they're shipped in the cheap Plano case then put in a cardboard box.
I bought a barreled action from a member here whose FFL sent it to my FFL in a plano box. The barrel and action ran around loose in that large case till it busted out the bottom like a rodeo bull! the only thing holding it from coming totally out the box was the bolt handle which deployed enough to create a snag. Point is there is no such thing as fool proof as the fool will always find a way.

Satern shipped a re-barreled action back to me in a Plano case. I sent it to them well wrapped inside a cardboard shipping tube. That was new to me at the time but I saw the logic immediately.

A trick that I realized is if you can get the box that the case came in you can break loose where it is glued together and turn it inside out & tape it back together. Blank cardboard then, nothing that says "gun" on it. Yeah, the shape is a bit of a give-away, but why make it easy when for just a little more effort it's that much less obvious?

Recent Posts