Shipping Container or Something Else?

Tracker, is it feasible to stack them and install stairs. They stack them 5 or so high at the ports and on ship. I'd weld them and maybe drive something into the ground at the corners for bad S.E. weather (hurricanes, tornadoes, and the afternoon thunderstorms.)

Stuff accumulates and I continue to buy stuff. It's a sickness, but the only thing that seems to help is moving. Cleaned out a basement and had one heck of a yard sale, but still took a dozen truck and trailer loads to the dump. The attendants would pull their personal trucks up and rummage through these loads. 10 years later I have filled up the basement in my new house with more stuff.
As far as the shipping containers, making sure they stay high and dry would be main priority. Running electricity and a dehumidifier would open up your options for what you could store in the container.

Mark, the next time you move give me aheads up. I may drive from S.C. to go through your cast offs.
I'm still in a small house that I had built in the mid 80's because I'm not going to move my stuff or get rid of it. It took me over 40 years to get my stuff.

Tracker, is it feasible to stack them and install stairs. They stack them 5 or so high at the ports and on ship. I'd weld them and maybe drive something into the ground at the corners for bad S.E. weather (hurricanes, tornadoes, and the afternoon thunderstorms.)
O no! Don't want to stack. Just need something so I can get our 2 of the 3 bays in the garage back and still have "Stuff" that I need to move out of the GS Shop. We have so many tools and equipment that I acquired over50+ years. All the neighbors say "if you need something fixed or need a tool, go see Len"

I'd consider two twenty footer and build trusses to put a roof on them. You could park vehicles underneath or build another shop.
Perfect!! This looks like really nice storage for "stuff" and vehicles.!!

IMG_0106.jpeg

Ritchie Bros Auction, sells a shipload of those Sea Pac containers every month of the year. Sea Pacs blend in the woods a little better if get one of the green ones. They make em with doors in the long side too, very user friendly. They not a free lunch, need a machine to move em around, the doors are not as handy as say, electric opened overhead. Guys brag about the security those boxes provide but, if ya lose key to padlock, lithium powered 4inch grinder with a cutoff wheel, is as fast as the key.

There are entire websites dedicated to making different designs with shipping crates. Cabins, garages, living and storage spaces are all possible. Some of the new container designs have multiple doors, and not just on the ends. The high cube models allow a real respectable ceiling height also. You can really make some impressive units and not be subject to the codes that affect many building projects.