Shimming rear base

Here are some optics company addresses that might be worth keeping.

Nightforce USA Performance Optics
425 656-1577 www.nightforcescopes.com

Bushnell
913 752-3400 www.bushnell.com

Nikon, Inc.
631 547-4200 www.nikonusa.com

U.S. Optics
714 994-4901 www.usoptics.com

Warne Manufacturing Company
503 657-5590 www.warnescopemounts.com

Leupold and Stevens, Inc.
503 646-9171 www.leupold.com

Burris
970 356-1670 www.burrisoptics.com

H-S Precision, Inc.
605 341-3006 www.hsprecison.com

Pentax Corporation
303 799-8000 www.pentaxlightseeker.com

Weaver
229 227-9053 www.weaveroptics.com

Near Manufacturing
(306) 463-3484

Badger Ordnance
(816) 455-3704 www.badgerord.com

Moose,
Tactical style (Weaver/Picatinny - dovetails with cross-slots) one and two piece tapered bases are available. Near, Badger, Leupold and a few other companies sell one piece units. H-S and Nightforce sell two-piece bases of this type (Weaver/Picatinny).

Leupold sells a tapered one piece Redfield style base (turning dovetail and opposing bolts).

Suggest that you check the Optics section for more info on the Leupold, including order number.

What about on a left handed action? I know lightforce makes a one piece taperd base, just not for a left handed action. Don't know if anyone does.

A fellow member of the forum directed me to Ken Farrell, INC. for tapered scope base. For about $43 I bought a one piece weaver type base with 20moa of elevation. They are CNC milled from one piece of steel or aluminum(your choice) and seem to be of good quality. You can get them with no taper, 15moa, or 20moa.For the price they beat the pants off of other well known manufacturers bases. I believe that the company is now manufacturing scope rings for $130 in 30mm and 1" with .835" and 1.035" heights.
Ken Farrel, INC.

My only complaint, well not really a complaint but, the screws that come with the mount are slotted. Useing a torx head or allen screws would be a better choice.

Well we shimmed the rear base and were going to try it out tomorrow. Guess what? A Budwieser can mikes exactly .010 thick so thats what we made a shim out of. We didnt touch the scope settings so it should be interesting to see just where it prints at the 100yd mark. You know your a red-neck when...

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.