SHERMAN WILDCAT SUGGESTIONS

So

Someone else mentioned that too. It would be easy enough to do. It should push a 250 past 3000' with a nice short coal. Feeding would be good too (wouldn't be too much shoulder)

Cutting Edge has a 300gr MTH with a .750 B.C I'm guessing 2800fps potentially? They also got a 300gr Maximus which would be a nice short/medium distance bullet. I'm betting with a round nose it be a fun hog stomper or Elk in heavy timber chambering

Rich have you ever thought about doing a 6mm Sherman Long action? The smallest you do in 06 style case is the 6.5 right?

I am playing around with doing a 6mm based off the 06 shell. Have everything drawn up. I have had that drawing for a couple years now.

I didn't think there would be enough demand to bother with it, but I do have the 6 sst that will run the 115 close to 3500'.

What bolt face is it? After my 30 cal wildcat is done I am thinking about doing 6mm to beat the .243 and shoot the heaves fast.

Saum (.550") it's one that was designed for PRS in the 6.5. We necked it down and are going to shoot the 110-115 at 3200' which is the PRS limit. We are hoping that a low pressure load at 3200 will give barrel life asgood as the smaller capacity 6's running high pressure to reach 3000'.

Saum (.550") it's one that was designed for PRS in the 6.5. We necked it down and are going to shoot the 110-115 at 3200' which is the PRS limit. We are hoping that a low pressure load at 3200 will give barrel life asgood as the smaller capacity 6's running high pressure to reach 3000'.
Sounds like you have a plan. I will have to keep my eye on what the 6sst does. I am a big fan of the 6mm/.243 cal.

I am playing around with doing a 6mm based off the 06 shell. Have everything drawn up. I have had that drawing for a couple years now.

I have a 6mm-280 Remington reamer, case form die, and loading dies that I would sell real cheap. The reamer was used once about 30 years ago. If you have any interest in that stuff, send me a PM.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.