Sherman Wildcat Reloading Data is Here!!!

Pretty good. Around .7" I'll tune it with some seating depth changes and it should tighten up a little more. This load was .010 off the lands
Best I got was 0.64 MOA with my 7 Allen mag at 3,678 fps. It liked them best at 0.035 off the lands. I'm told that Badlands had a copper batch over the time I purchased mine that might affect accuracy - December 2020 up until around April/May 2021. I have yet to contact them and see about getting replacements, but it might be worth your while.
Jason: 605-661-6106
Shirley: 605-665-1339

Sorry ....57grs H4350

Hit pressure at 58 and was in a hurry so dropped a grain and flew to Alaska. All shots from 54-58 grs were in about 3/4 string left to right by about a 1/8 high while not at all shooting for groups but rather fast fire.

Once in Alaska, I got another chance to shoot for groups....one ragged hole (just over one bullet hole size) WITHOUT excessive focus (Grip pressure, shoulder pressure, bipod load, eyebox, parallax, etc). Stark contrast to the Hornady ELDM 180's which I really have to work hard on my form to get a cloverleaf (often with fliers).

Shot the Hammer Hunters later in the trip up a mountain valley (15* incline). Needed 4.6mil elevation at 763yrds and 13.1mils at 1273yrds on rock faces, accuracy remained excellent. Bullet impacts splash marks were just slightly separated at 763. Very tight and predictable at 1273 as well but don't remember the size if the rock face. Ran out of the Hammers by the time we were shooting at 1830yrds so only used the ELDM's there and we kept most of them in a .5mil group at that distance. Overall, blown away by the Hammers (ease of loading, super consistent groups...) just the BC was much lower than expected. Hammers says .274G7 for the 155 Hammer Hunter but I used .221 in Trasol with truing the drag curve to .355. Downloaded AB when I got back which says .206 G7. Trasol was the same data in .206 with the default .500 Drag. Trasol's data (4.73/13.11) lined up with my real world dope (4.6/13.1) where AB (4.5/11.8) and BallisticsARC (4.5/12.1)where both considerably off.

Really want to get more of the 155's Hunters, 155 Absolutes and 172 Absolute Hammers and spend some more tome at distance. Considering the Badlands but the Hammers were so impressive I am reluctant to move away from them
Thanks for the great report on the HH155s. Any more experience with the other Hammer pills? Building a 7SS w/ 21" tube this winter and would like to push the heaviest Hammer bullet I can. Found a few pounds of 4350, but it seems like the 7SS really prefers something a touch slower?

Thanks for the great report on the HH155s. Any more experience with the other Hammer pills? Building a 7SS w/ 21" tube this winter and would like to push the heaviest Hammer bullet I can. Found a few pounds of 4350, but it seems like the 7SS really prefers something a touch slower?
I have not tried Hammers yet in the 7ss' I have built. I have been trying the badlands 160g SBD-2's. Surrent speed with H1000 is 2980 with more room to go. My groups have not been good though (1"). I will try a seating ladder later in December. I have another build going for a customer who wants to shoot the 160's as well. Not sure this helps you in any.

I have not tried Hammers yet in the 7ss' I have built. I have been trying the badlands 160g SBD-2's. Surrent speed with H1000 is 2980 with more room to go. My groups have not been good though (1"). I will try a seating ladder later in December. I have another build going for a customer who wants to shoot the 160's as well. Not sure this helps you in any.
That is helpful, thank you. What's the twist on the barrel you're working with? Looks like Badlands calls for a 1-7" for those projectiles, I doubt my 8.5 would stabilize them. Hopeful that the slightly shorter/fatter Hammers will fare better?

That is helpful, thank you. What's the twist on the barrel you're working with? Looks like Badlands calls for a 1-7" for those projectiles, I doubt my 8.5 would stabilize them. Hopeful that the slightly shorter/fatter Hammers will fare better?
8 twist but most of my hunting is at 7000 ft. But most of my customers shoot a lower elevations so I need to drop down to the 150g SBD-2.

Try shooting further out and see if the MOA holds at 600 or more. That's not bad velocity for the 160 as the Badlands pressure up faster than the Hammers. A tighter twist might help your grouping.

Try shooting further out and see if the MOA holds at 600 or more. That's not bad velocity for the 160 as the Badlands pressure up faster than the Hammers. A tighter twist might help your grouping.
That could or more speed. I have only run 15 rounds of the 160 SBD-2's through it. Going to strip the rifle down and cerakote the action, bead blast the metal parts on the barrel. I will test more when I get it back together.