Sherman Wildcat Reloading Data is Here!!!

Working on a 6.5ss at this time. Bartlein barrel at 18" with a 1-7.5 twist.
Any load info using VV N555, 560 with Berger 156s
Also start with a new build tomorrow. 300max with Bartlein 18" with a 1-9 twist. Both will be suppressed. Load info would be greatly appreciated on both.

Brian

Adding this for others who might benefit from it:

30 Sherman Magnum - FIREFORMING LOAD

• Case: ADG 300 PRC unfired case
  • Primer: Remington 9 1/2 LR Magnum
  • Bullet: Hornady 178g HPBT Match
  • Powder: H4831sc ... 78.0g (Hornady shows 69.1-82.5g)
  • COAL: 3.500" (my chamber is 3.567" at the lands)
Case and primer showed no signs of pressure and the case was very well formed. Nice sharp shoulders and nothing funky encountered. Pre and Post fire neck runout was consistent at under +/-.001" as was case wall just before wall/shoulder junction. Post fireformed case capacity was 96.8g H2O.

Unfired 300 PRC case length was 2.577" (SAAMI Max = 2.580"). Fire formed case length was 2.570" (SAAMI Trim = 2.565").

I have not yet tested this load for es/sd/avg MV or for groups but will add more to these notes as I'm fire forming & breaking in the barrel.

Last edited:
I would love to hear more about the that 7ss jda2631 built. How are you liking that paradigm barrel? Are you happy with the 20"? If you could do it over again would you choose a 20" barrel? Thanks.

Well. Just finished up load work on the 300 max with Berger 205 Elite Bullets. Velocity is 2840fps with an Es of 4. This is with a Bartlein #3 1-9 twist cut at 18"
Scope is only used for load work. My TT Hunter is off getting worked on in Canada.

Brian
image.jpg

Well. Just finished up load work on the 300 max with Berger 205 Elite Bullets. Velocity is 2840fps with an Es of 4. This is with a Bartlein #3 1-9 twist cut at 18"
Scope is only used for load work. My TT Hunter is off getting worked on in Canada.

Brian
View attachment 266934
Very nice. What happened to the TT if you don't mind?

Ed AO,
The TT had to be sent back because the AO and diopter went south on me. Second time sending it back for warranty work. 1st time had oil droplets on the inside lenses. The droplets occurred under firing the rifle with recoil. The droplets could be seen at 3-8 powers.

Brian

Last edited:
Ed AO,
The TT had to be sent back because the AO and diopter wens south on me. Second time sending it back for warranty work. 1st time had oil droplets on the inside lenses. The droplets occurred under firing the rifle with recoil. The droplets could be seen at 3-8 powers.

Brian

Sorry to hear that. That'd be frustrating. Hope it gets resolved.

Ed AO,
The TT had to be sent back because the AO and diopter wens south on me. Second time sending it back for warranty work. 1st time had oil droplets on the inside lenses. The droplets occurred under firing the rifle with recoil. The droplets could be seen at 3-8 powers.

Brian
Good thing those are cheap. Walmart top of the line Nikons and Leupolds for me only.

Axisworks built 6.5SS fire forming. Like pushing the "easy" button. Nice, light load of RL23, 130 TMK @ 2971fps, ES of 9 across 20 shots. Recoil is minimal, with the suppressor, a pleasure to shoot. Might actually use this load for my pronghorn hunt in August if I don't get them all formed before that. Only 225 more to go....
20210411_090530.jpg

20210411_090410.jpg

20210411_091052.jpg