Sherman Wildcat Reloading Data is Here!!!

Idaho,
Do you plan to update the Sherman load data spreadsheet? Doesn't seem to have much of the new data in it?
Thanks. I know it's a pain. I'm the one updating all the Hammer data🤔
GLTaylor,
Hopefully I'll be adding to your problem in the next week or so with some 7 SS with a 20" barrel for the 155 AH 😉

I've only had 2 or 3 new data sets PM'd to me since the last update. Mostly 270 Sherman and a little 7max or ss. I'll get that added tomorrow. People NEED to PM me the loads and with that said I dont need the same loads within .2grains of what I already have listed. New bullets and different powders are what I need.
Thanks

Well... this sucks.... unless I'm not seeing it there is no way to edit posts so I can not go back and edit the original file like I had been doing. I added the little bit of data I was given since the last update last august. I was only given 4 loads in that time...

Attachments

• Sherman Load Data.pdf
    434.3 KB · Views: 671
I have had the same issue. Editing privileges time out after a specified time.
You have to write the administrator a note, tell him what you need to do and they will re-activate your editing privilege. It isually only takes a few hours or less. Let them know you will be adding data over time
I've had to do this 3 times so far for the Absolute Hammer spreadsheet.
George

Last edited:
I have had the same issue. Editing privileges time out after a specified time.
You have to write the administrator a note, tell him what you need to do and they will re-activate your editing privilege. It isually only takes a few hours or less. Let them know you will be adding data over time
I've had to do this 3 times so far for the Absolute Hammer spreadsheet.
George
Hopefully the site will support this, its great to have this info in one place. I've spent a considerable amount of time scouring through the posts, gathering info in an attempt to figure out a starting point on load development. Definitely appreciate the time spent by those willing to compile the data in one file.

Last edited:
Hey folks,

I'm currently waiting for my 6.5 SST barrel to come back. I chose the .125fb.

Below info
Impact Titan Action
Bartlein Carbon fiber 1:7.5 twist @ 22"
EH1A Manners stock inlet, bedded, and painted by TS Customs
Zero Compromise 4-20
Dead Air Nomad Ti

Components I have currently

Primers - 210M and 215M
Brass - ADG from Rich (ready to load)
Bullets - 143 ELD-X, 140 Elite Hunters, 140 Hybrids, 156 EOLs, 135 A-tips, 125 Bulldozer II
Powders - RL16, H4350, H1000, H4831sc

If someone could please send me some sort of data to help along the way I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

In my 6.5 SST II builds I run N565 but H1000 works well. I am running 26" barrels with 1-8 twist. The 140 Elite Hunters run 3200 fps with 61g of H1000. BTO of 2.150 and a coal of 2.855. I use Fed 215 primers in all of them. I run 59g N565 with the 156 Elite Hunters and they get around 3020 fps. I have used H1000 58.5g with about the same speed. N565 seemed to be easier on the brass. I have the .125 freebore reamer. These are the loads that work in what I test in what I have have chambered. They may not work in yours. Start lower and work up. This is not reloading advice.

In my 6.5 SST II builds I run N565 but H1000 works well. I am running 26" barrels with 1-8 twist. The 140 Elite Hunters run 3200 fps with 61g of H1000. BTO of 2.150 and a coal of 2.855. I use Fed 215 primers in all of them. I run 59g N565 with the 156 Elite Hunters and they get around 3020 fps. I have used H1000 58.5g with about the same speed. N565 seemed to be easier on the brass. I have the .125 freebore reamer. These are the loads that work in what I test in what I have have chambered. They may not work in yours. Start lower and work up. This is not reloading advice.
Thanks for the info. I have stayed away from VV because I had issues with several powders and premature pressure when running suppressors. I have a few 1# cans of various stuff, just haven't even opened that part of my cabinet in a good while. Glad to see you are using 140 elites and the 156 EOLs, I have a ton of those currently that I stocked up on prior to building my 6.5PRC. Once the PRC arrived I quickly found out that I was embarking on a very frustrating journey and sold off all associated parts and reloading components.

Last edited:
I have built 7 prc's and they are a pain. Only an AICS mag makes them smooth. Long cartridge for a short action. A great medium action round though. The SST is much easier and I use HS Precision dbm's but AICS works great too. You should enjoy it.

I have built 7 prc's and they are a pain. Only an AICS mag makes them smooth. Long cartridge for a short action. A great medium action round though. The SST is much easier and I use HS Precision dbm's but AICS works great too. You should enjoy it.
All I run is the binderless AIs so I should be good. Which mag have you used with the SST, .308 or 300wsm mag?

Recent Posts