Sherman Wildcat Reloading Data is Here!!!

My defiance ruckus XM shows up in mid feb and off it goes to mike at HCA. Planning to post some results here this summer for my .338 max when it's done. Have 100v, and RL16 to test with 250 Berger's (not planning to shoot the heavies), still quite a few months to find some varget...no idea how the RL-16 will go as I've only heard 17, 100v and varget, but I use the 16 in my cree....nevermind.

My defiance ruckus XM shows up in mid feb and off it goes to mike at HCA. Planning to post some results here this summer for my .338 max when it's done. Have 100v, and RL16 to test with 250 Berger's (not planning to shoot the heavies), still quite a few months to find some varget...no idea how the RL-16 will go as I've only heard 17, 100v and varget, but I use the 16 in my cree....nevermind.
The 250 super bulldozer II from badlands precision may be fantastic, has a .410 G7 bc....

I wouldnt use Varget in the Max. Itworks in the SS but not in the Max!

I wouldnt use Varget in the Max. Itworks in the SS but not in the Max!
Ahhh, thank you. Planning on starting with 100v, unfortunately thats the least stocked powder I have. I know rl16 is supposed to be a bit faster than 17, but also heard they are very similar with 16 being more temp stable. Powders are probably my weakest area of knowledge so appreciate the comment, the search for varget is no longer.

Got a 6.5 max build coming. Components ordered in November, hoping to have everything in hand this spring/summer.
looking forward to seeing some 6.5 max data soon

I have put together data from the many shooters that emailed/PM'd me. Here is what I have so far but I am still asking for more data to be PM'd to me so I can continue to add to this.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this.
As always this data is for specific rifles and should be worked up to find what is safe in your rifle.
Thank you for taking the time to do this...very interesting....

Finally got my 7SS together, brass prepped and loaded up 5 rounds to shoot and see how it went as I was using a powder I haven't seen others use and couldn't find anything on the 7 SAUM for it either. After talking with Rich yesterday I went with 52.0 gr. Alliant Power Pro 4000MR as a very conservative starting load, ADG brass from Rich that needs blown out, WLRM primers and Sierra 180 gr. HPBT's at 2.216" CBTO which was .005" off the lands to use to form the brass. Had the 4000MR from stuff I was reloading for a buddy and it's been on the shelf for a while and didn't want to shoot my good stuff forming cases. 52 gr. yielded 2418 FPS and an ES of 13 and SD of 5.8 for the first 5 shots. Had some light strikes so I'll be jamming the next few .010"-.015"into the lands to hopefully eliminate the light strikes as I think they are getting pushed forward just a smidge by the firing pin. This is a super low pressure load with velocity only being 2418 FPS so the added pressure of jamming won't be an issue, but I think it appears to have done the job on forming the brass and the jammed bullets will bump pressure and possibly form the cartridge better but we will see. Barrel is a 20" Hells Canyon 1:8 twist Summit Ultralight. Now for the real good news! They had 7 lbs. of H4831 and a brick of CCI250's!!! Once I have brass formed and 100 rounds down the pipe I'll be trying the 155 Absolute Hammers likely with my newly acquired H4831 and CCI250's.

Edit to fix grammar and also add first shot was about a 1/2" low and right from the other 4 that went into a 3/4" group, not bad for the first 5 shots through it and a random charge even if it is super slow. Probably won't work up in weight with the 4000MR as I'm just using it to form brass and won't be using it after, unless someone is really curious then I may.

Last edited: