Sherman Wildcat Reloading Data is Here!!!

View attachment 202077
So the 28 Sherman Magnum dies didn't come with 2 seaters. It only came with the longer one in pic. The shorter one is listed for the 190 A-Tips. Which would you use? The A-Tip seater seems to contact the ogive a lot further down on the bullet, which I think would keep it straighter and less run-out. But not sure.
probably so. try it and if not, call Hornady for the other one.

Ok guys. Finally had a minute to myself and sifted through this thread since my last pdf update and added from it and my PM's and texts from Rich.
Please PM me the info vs making a post on the thread and also please include all the information you see in the pdf already. Cartridge. barrel length. twist. bullet. powder. charge. speed. length (COAL or BTO). brass brand. primer

Thanks

Ok guys. Finally had a minute to myself and sifted through this thread since my last pdf update and added from it and my PM's and texts from Rich.
Please PM me the info vs making a post on the thread and also please include all the information you see in the pdf already. Cartridge. barrel length. twist. bullet. powder. charge. speed. length (COAL or BTO). brass brand. primer

Thanks
Thx Ryan!

Thank you! The data for the 338 Sherman was with a 26" 9.3 twist barrel. The 205 gr load was with a Shock Hammer. The 213 gr was a Hammer Hunter.

Any load data for the 6.5 Max yet?

Thank you for your work! Most helpful!

Has anyone ran the 145 hammers in a 7 SS? Got stuff together for a light weight "shorter" range rifle and I'm interested to see if anyone has any data. Mine will be a 20" Hells Canyon carbon fiber 8 twist barrel, XLR element magnesium Chassis and I'm still waiting on the Defiance anTi action to show up around August/September

Has anyone ran the 145 hammers in a 7 SS? Got stuff together for a light weight "shorter" range rifle and I'm interested to see if anyone has any data. Mine will be a 20" Hells Canyon carbon fiber 8 twist barrel, XLR element magnesium Chassis and I'm still waiting on the Defiance anTi action to show up around August/September
I'm in the process of building a 7 MAX. The redesigned 145 bd has a .620 G1 bc I found out, with the velocity you can get out of it, makes it right on the heels or outperform the 180 VLD type bullets with much less recoil

Last edited:
I'm in the process of building a 7 MAX. The redesigned 145 bd has a .620 G1 bc I found out, with the velocity you can get out of it, makes it right on the heels or outperform the 180 VLD type bullets with much less recoil
Yes, they are very impressive!

50 EA ADG 28 Sherman Mag, 195 EOL, N570, F215GMM ready to fire-form, if we can just can past this heat wave!

Attachments

• B79916BA-4AD9-47F1-9218-8C6C46FF7F8C.jpeg
    B79916BA-4AD9-47F1-9218-8C6C46FF7F8C.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 151

I just got my barrel in, 20" paradigm carbon 1:8" twist 7ss. Hopefully have everything else ready and will start forming then load development second half / late August. I plan to shoot 175's though, but hopefully I should have some data by the end of August.