Sherman wildcat prefit barrels

Shawn Thomason at Diamond T Rifle shop in Craigmont Idaho will do prefits for $125 Savage, and $150 Remage. Call him for other brands. There would also be the barrel cost of course. Also, Southern precision Rifles (Bugholes) would be willing as well......Rich

Shawn Thomason at Diamond T Rifle shop in Craigmont Idaho will do prefits for $125 Savage, and $150 Remage. Call him for other brands. There would also be the barrel cost of course. Also, Southern precision Rifles (Bugholes) would be willing as well......Rich

Hmm (Bugholes) my neck of the woods.... and my Remage 7STW needs a new pipe....

Hey Rich?
Have you ever done anything with the 6mm?
I'm going to burn out a Savage 243 this summer.
I'm thinking about a 1-7 twist with a 115 at 3000-3100 fps.

Hey Rich?
Have you ever done anything with the 6mm?
I'm going to burn out a Savage 243 this summer.
I'm thinking about a 1-7 twist with a 115 at 3000-3100 fps.

I have not. I could, but you would have to cough up more than you would probably want to for reamers, etc........Rich

I have an interest. I'd need a go gauge to swap my 7saum off my large shank barrel. I've been collecting brass and dies for 7saum. Just got the seating die on the way. Maybe further down the road I'd like a 7SS or a 6.5SS. I've been toying with the idea of a 6.5 short mag and this sounds like an ideal setup. Load some of the new long jobs in a 1:7.5 barrel. With the new 150gr SMK and 155 Berger on the horizon, why not. What about the availability of go gauges? Who are the dies from? I'd be more than a year out on even moving on something else though. I'm in the process of opening a business and will not be spending significantly on toys and such.

I have an interest. I'd need a go gauge to swap my 7saum off my large shank barrel. I've been collecting brass and dies for 7saum. Just got the seating die on the way. Maybe further down the road I'd like a 7SS or a 6.5SS. I've been toying with the idea of a 6.5 short mag and this sounds like an ideal setup. Load some of the new long jobs in a 1:7.5 barrel. With the new 150gr SMK and 155 Berger on the horizon, why not. What about the availability of go gauges? Who are the dies from? I'd be more than a year out on even moving on something else though. I'm in the process of opening a business and will not be spending significantly on toys and such.
Whidden makes the dies. I have go gauges and dies in stock.

It's a cool thought with the possibility of domestic brass too. Alpha and Peterson ( just announced Norma mag cases) say they are looking into SAUM production. Maybe contact them for brass too considering it is your parent case. I've read how you're currently dealing with Bertram.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.