Sherman wildcat prefit barrels

Just wanting everyone to know that it seems like plenty of interest so I am pursuing some options. I will keep you updated.......Rich

Rich,

I have a 98 Mauser LR that I'm going to chamber in your 6.5. I would prefer a long chamber, then all I would need to do is cut the talon. A short chamber will work, but would still need a finishing reamer for the install (probably not an issue if go-no-go gauges are rented). If you used a cut rifled barrel as above it would be a nice package deal, making it hard to resist.

Rich, love my 6.5ss! Really want a 300ss. Would the sizing & seating dies be convertible from caliber to caliber by changing out internals? I'd be in for another savage SS conversation.
KMG

:D
Rich, love my 6.5ss! Really want a 300ss. Would the sizing & seating dies be convertible from caliber to caliber by changing out internals? I'd be in for another savage SS conversation.
KMG

You could modify the sizer, to a point, by drilling the neck hole out and putting in the proper bushing but I think 6.5. to 308" would be too big a jump. I would say up to .284" maybe. It MIGHT work at .308 but that would be quite a bit of shoulder that would not be pushed against.
I am not sure that whether Whidden would just sell the parts for the various seater neck sizes or not?

The beauty of the all the Sherman cases though is you only need one go gauge to cover the whole range of calibers.......Rich

OK guys, here is what I have to date. I have spoken with a couple builders who supply pre fits and I need some hard data to see if it is worthwhile? I think the best way to do this is pm me with which cahambering, what action, and when would you want it? If there is enough interest, I could have the builder do multiple chambers with the reamer while he has it. If it pans out, he would be willing to buy his own reamer and we could go from there. Lay it on me:D........Rich

BRASS BRASS BRASS we need Brass Rich to go with those nice prefit barrels and make sure we can get them in the North country!! 6.5SS pre fit on savage action

You knew that I have ready to fire form brass, right?
I talked to a good smith yesterday who is willing to turn them around fairly quickly. He has built a few rifles for me that have all shot well and is a great guy to work with!
He charges $125 plus the barrel cost for Savage and $150 plus barrel for Remage.....Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts