SHERMAN MEGA LINE

For a mid action, its pretty darn good!
And this is the shorter FB reamer. That 250 super BD is a long one, at 1.873
So what is the FB on the short reamer? If I may ask. I'm thinking of punching the 338 max out, and try to get to the next velocity node with 225 BD'S OR 230 ELD-X's. My barrel is a 10 twist, with I think a .189 FB currently. It shoots great with those boolits.
I already have the 33 SM ready to go for the 250's up to 300's.

There is a BIG difference in FB between the two because there is a big difference in the 250 Berger, and most other bullets. The LA FB is .270" and the MA is .046". The LA FB puts the 250 Berger bullet way up in the neck. Surprisingly, the 250 Bulldozer II fits pretty well in the short FB because of the really pointy nose.

There is a BIG difference in FB between the two because there is a big difference in the 250 Berger, and most other bullets. The LA FB is .270" and the MA is .046". The LA FB puts the 250 Berger bullet way up in the neck. Surprisingly, the 250 Bulldozer II fits pretty well in the short FB because of the really pointy nose.
Thank you Rich. I have only purchased the regular 250 SB II's and not the super's, because of twist rate in my barrel. But the ones I have go so far into the case it's not worth it. The super's I'm guessing have a shorter bearing surface, and a longer nose. I wish I could see specs on the two

Last edited by a moderator:
300 MEGA UPDATE:

Not many people have submitted data yet so thought id put up some RL26 results on pressure/velocity.
I had predicted early on that I thought the MEGA would reach 3050 with RL26 and the only info so far was Ryan Hovees data with H1000 which he said showed pressure signs a little over 3000 which sounded about right.
My friend put a Ruger#1 together with a 26 ", 10 twist Lilja and lives 5 minutes from me so I ran over there tonight to shoot the only (3) 215 Bergers I had. I guessed at what might be a max charge, and started lower with 1 grain increment jumps. As it turned out, it looks like I should have loaded 1 grain higher.
I measured the web on each case and all 3 rounds measured the same, so I didnt reach that normal 1/2 thou increase you get when pressure is reached. All 3 rounds kicked right out which is saying something for a Ruger#1 which isnt known for strong extraction with no cam action.

Attachments

• IMG_20220505_171033865.jpg
    IMG_20220505_171033865.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 257
And this is the shorter FB reamer. That 250 super BD is a long one, at 1.873
So what is the FB on the short reamer? If I may ask. I'm thinking of punching the 338 max out, and try to get to the next velocity node with 225 BD'S OR 230 ELD-X's. My barrel is a 10 twist, with I think a .189 FB currently. It shoots great with those boolits.
I already have the 33 SM ready to go for the 250's up to 300's.
.046" with a .350" long neck

Who's done a 7 max with 195s Bergers looking for next build need 3000 FPS BAT long action 28 inch proof 8.24 twist.

I wont be posting any more here but for all who are interesred, you can join the forum on FB "Sherman Wildcat Cartridge group".
You can email or pm me from shermanwildcatcartridges. com
or just call me at 208 755-6723
I'll be happy to help and answer questions.
I apologize for letting things get to me and saying things I normally wouldn't say.
My bad! It just gets old so I've learned if there are things in life that cause you or others to stumble. Avoid them.
God Bless you guys! 👍
Well when your work hard and put countless hours of hard work in cartridge development and people who have never done anything of sort try to correct or one up/down things I couldn't see it getting to someone.
I respect the **** out of anyone trying to innovate just like swamplord and the guys he works with I really believe they are a force pushing elr and we will have cartridges readily available as any other commercial elr cartridge that compare to a cheytac like comparing a. 308 to a 30 nosler.
I'm building one of the bigger 408'cal wild cats right and will be building the next size up with the pierce 15x comes out.
You innovator's rock !