SHERMAN MEGA LINE

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of Mega reamers at prefit barrel shops... Just ordered another 6.5 Max from Carbon Six for a lightweight hunter. Wouldn't mind a 338 Mega to go along with it, and a 300 Mega for a chassis rifle...

If I bought a 338 Mega reamer and sent it to PVA, would anyone be interested in renting it to have their barrel spun? It would take me 10yrs to shoot 3 barrels... so rather not buy a reamer to use only once.

I'd pull the trigger on a 338 Mega from PVA today - they have Rock Creek cut rifled 7.7 twist barrels in stock and on special for 329, begging for some Badlands solids...

I'd consider other smiths as well, but would be nice to pick one and have the reamer live there.

That's way to much of a bullet for that case. It would be longer than the case! 338 mega would be 250 grain and smaller imo.

^Yes, hoping for 2750 fps with the 275 grain SBD2 and a 28" tube, without pushing too hard. Gives ~1/2 mil of wind @ 500 and 1 mil of wind @ 900. The 285 @ 100 fps slower yields the same wind.

Also almost identical to the 6.5 Max windage running the 135 SBD2.

Ha! I read it again, It must of been to early. I assumed that was for the bullet because of the 1:7.7 twist. That's very fast.

I hope that I am meeting typical forum protocol.

I am a 'student' of a famous gunsmith and 'Hall of Fame' shooter, learning to chamber and bed high-precision rifles. It is my hobby (I am an older professor) and not my profession. I am also a relatively competent 'hobby' machinist. Call him 'Sensei' and me 'grasshopper' :)

In any event, I am planning my next rifle. Sensei wants me to build a 7 SAUM and my personal interest is a 280 AI. However, NEITHER cartridge seems to have much brass available (if any) and I hate the uncertainty. I will also need a chamber reamer and a resizing die.

So, the Sherman 'Mega' line seems to solve both problems. I can buy the brass, chamber reamer, and full-length resizing die at the same time.

From what I am reading, so far the 'Mega' line is on paper and not real. Is there anywhere I can go to learn more (aside from the relatively parsimonious information on the Sherman wildcat website) about the 'mega' cartridge? When will the reamer, brass, and resizing dies be available? Is the supply chain realistic and reliable? Will the (potentially slightly overbore) 7mm Mega be an accurate cartridge, comparable to the 7 SAUM (winning competitive matches)?

The folks on this forum seem serious and knowledgeable, so I value advice.

The rifle is a Cerus GT-Hybrid repeater stock (beautiful curly Maple), Badger bottom metal, AICS magazine, Bartlein (or Proof) 26" Sendero carbon-fiber wrapped barrel, and a Tuebor LegionTi or Kelbly's Nanook action. Probably a bit heavy for a 'mountain' hunting rifle, but around 10 lbs with a nice March 1.5-15 scope. I already have an F-Open 6-Dasher rifle and (soon) a nice F/TR .308 rifle, so this is my 'hunting' and screw-around (lightweight) long distance rifle.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

I too am interested in the 7 MEG, I was told the reamers will be available very shortly and brass in a few weeks if ADG has no issues.

Reamers are available - not sure about dies - brass is supposedly due any minute lol - I think he said end of month or so on brass, although, clearly out of his hands.

I hope that I am meeting typical forum protocol.

I am a 'student' of a famous gunsmith and 'Hall of Fame' shooter, learning to chamber and bed high-precision rifles. It is my hobby (I am an older professor) and not my profession. I am also a relatively competent 'hobby' machinist. Call him 'Sensei' and me 'grasshopper' :)

In any event, I am planning my next rifle. Sensei wants me to build a 7 SAUM and my personal interest is a 280 AI. However, NEITHER cartridge seems to have much brass available (if any) and I hate the uncertainty. I will also need a chamber reamer and a resizing die.

So, the Sherman 'Mega' line seems to solve both problems. I can buy the brass, chamber reamer, and full-length resizing die at the same time.

From what I am reading, so far the 'Mega' line is on paper and not real. Is there anywhere I can go to learn more (aside from the relatively parsimonious information on the Sherman wildcat website) about the 'mega' cartridge? When will the reamer, brass, and resizing dies be available? Is the supply chain realistic and reliable? Will the (potentially slightly overbore) 7mm Mega be an accurate cartridge, comparable to the 7 SAUM (winning competitive matches)?

The folks on this forum seem serious and knowledgeable, so I value advice.

The rifle is a Cerus GT-Hybrid repeater stock (beautiful curly Maple), Badger bottom metal, AICS magazine, Bartlein (or Proof) 26" Sendero carbon-fiber wrapped barrel, and a Tuebor LegionTi or Kelbly's Nanook action. Probably a bit heavy for a 'mountain' hunting rifle, but around 10 lbs with a nice March 1.5-15 scope. I already have an F-Open 6-Dasher rifle and (soon) a nice F/TR .308 rifle, so this is my 'hunting' and screw-around (lightweight) long distance rifle.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
feel free to call me
shermanwildcatcartriges.com

Confirmation would be welcome. I am ready to go with this; just a matter of confidence in reamer, brass, reloading die, and ultimate accuracy. According to Sensei, we can get 'teens' with the SAUM (one of his customers evidently just set a new record with his 7 SAUM; if I am not mistaken, it was a clean with 60 rounds for 600 with 57 X's at 1000 yards). I am certainly not capable of that kind of shooting, but it is nice to know that the rifle is not the limiting factor :) However, 'teens' with SAUM where I cannot find good brass is just a unicorn. If the 7-Meg works as advertised, maybe the grasshopper will overtake the Sensei :) (in my dreams, at least)