SHERMAN MEGA LINE

I will likely be cutting shorter FB reamers for the Max down the road to accommodate the 3.2" actions. The current test reamer has a ton of FB even for the 195! its perfect for long actions.
If I cut the FB like the 7SS, which has the same neck length and works great, the 180 class bullets will easily fit and the 195 will work also.
Basically, if a WSM works in an action, the MEGA will also!
Thanks for the reply. You are an innovative thinker & doer. When it's time to rebarrel I'll be looking at the SSs.

I stoked up a couple 175 EH with a case full of N570 to see what the velocity potential was. I wish I would have had more loaded because it looks like that load deserves some testing, albeit only 2 shots. No extractor mark or stiff bolt lift, etc
IMG_20210615_155302582.jpg
IMG_20210615_153909789_HDR.jpg

One more quick trip up to test the high
IMG_20210621_132816710.jpg
node. It looks like this rifle will shoot .3-.4 pretty consistently. When I get some more time, I'll try a lower node (3050 or so) and see if accuracy may pick up some. This was the 5th firing on the very short necked wsm brass and primer pockets are still very tight!

View attachment 280984 This was the 5th firing on the very short necked wsm brass and primer pockets are still very tight!
And the impossible becomes possible! 🙃 Some folks might be turned upside down. Lols

Thanks for sharing - and setting the record straight... on the potential of this cartridge.

Next week I'll be burning powder through my new smoke pole and get some data in.
Say hello to the first 338 Mega!

20210621_203437.jpg

Picked it up from Preece Precision on monday and definitely looks amazing! I have no doubt it will shoot just as good as it looks.
Sako 85 action
23" krieger sendero fluted by kampfeld customs 1:9.35"
Salmon River Solutions Ti Pro 3 brake
Fierce stock
Near Manufacturing 10 moa rail
Leupold mark5hd 3.6-18

I'll be working with 250 Bergers, 265 Long Range Accubond, 285 ELD-M, and maybe 300 bergers just to see what's possible.
I have a handful of the converted 33 Nosler brass in both Hornady and Nosler ready to go.

Next week I'll be burning powder through my new smoke pole and get some data in.

View attachment 281029

Picked it up from Preece Precision on monday and definitely looks amazing! I have no doubt it will shoot just as good as it looks.
Sako 85 action
Fierce stock
Leupold mark5hd 3.6-18

I'll be working with 250 Bergers, 265 Long Range Accubond, 285 ELD-M, and maybe 300 bergers just to see what's possible.
I have a handful of the converted 33 Nosler brass in both Hornady and Nosler ready to go.
What's it weigh?

View attachment 281029

Sako 85 action
Fierce stock
Leupold mark5hd 3.6-18

View attachment 281029

Sako 85 action
Fierce stock
Leupold mark5hd 3.6-18

Awesome pic Ryan! Cant wait to see some numbers, although the Nosler brass will have you seeing RED!