SHERMAN MEGA LINE

It would be a shame, but you could use ADG or Peterson 28 nosler brass and have quality brass. However, if you get your hands on some, you should hook a brother up!! Having a hard time finding some......

Are we all ignoring the fact that Rich got his hands on ADG 300WSM brass?!?? That's not even on their website yet. Must be nice to know people in high places Rich!🤣🤣
Ya, I saw that too ha ha, that is why I was seeing if he could hook me up with some adg 28 nosler goods ha ha....

Good things are comin! Only problem is, they will be "out of stock" for the remainder of eternity. I'm so tired of seeing that....I am having a hard time finding a 9mm shellholder, 28 nosler seating die, heck I was barely able to snag some sizeing bushing for my wife's 7 sherman max and my .338 Norma!! even things like that are hard to come by. This is getting dumb!!!

Ya, I saw that too ha ha, that is why I was seeing if he could hook me up with some adg 28 nosler goods ha ha....

Good things are comin! Only problem is, they will be "out of stock" for the remainder of eternity. I'm so tired of seeing that....I am having a hard time finding a 9mm shellholder, 28 nosler seating die, heck I was barely able to snag some sizeing bushing for my wife's 7 sherman max and my .338 Norma!! even things like that are hard to come by. This is getting dumb!!!
I wonder if Rich could add it to his store along with the MAGA brass because I think every benchrest shooter is waiting for WSM brass and it might not be in stock anywhere else for years. I couldn't find shell holders for the WSM or 223 cases. I went straight to RCBS and they were in stock might be worth a look

I wonder if Rich could add it to his store along with the MAGA brass because I think every benchrest shooter is waiting for WSM brass and it might not be in stock anywhere else for years. I couldn't find shell holders for the WSM or 223 cases. I went straight to RCBS and they were in stock might be worth a look
I have 223 wssm ammo and brass if you're interested. Pm me if you want to.

Is it worth forming the brass from RUM cases to get the neck length right?
I formed it from 33 Nosler which worked well except the brass is junk. My understanding is that Petersen now makes 33 Nosler brass so it might be a good option although capacity MAY be down from ADG?
My ADG will be the way to go when I get it because the case head size will be correct so that primer pockets wont get stretched.

Elk, I have 2 6.5 PRC s built on XM actions, Defiance & Stiller, load length limited to 3.2"
I will likely be cutting shorter FB reamers for the Max down the road to accommodate the 3.2" actions. The current test reamer has a ton of FB even for the 195! its perfect for long actions.
If I cut the FB like the 7SS, which has the same neck length and works great, the 180 class bullets will easily fit and the 195 will work also.
Basically, if a WSM works in an action, the MEGA will also!

I formed it from 33 Nosler which worked well except the brass is junk. My understanding is that Petersen now makes 33 Nosler brass so it might be a good option although capacity MAY be down from ADG?
My ADG will be the way to go when I get it because the case head size will be correct so that primer pockets wont get stretched.
Rich, I haven't compared Peterson to ADG (honestly my 7SST brass is my first ADG brass ever) but I have had Peterson in 6.5CM and Lapua in 6.5CM and the Peterson is substantially thicker (shot the 2 kinds of brass in two rifles). I had to use a bushing size 3 thousandths bigger. Also my load was about 1 grain lower. That said, the capacity will likely be reduced like you said, however, on my 6.5CMs, I was able to get the same speed with both rifles (one using Peterson and the other Lapua brass) in spite of the reduction in load. Might have been a rifle difference, I don't know, but I also have 25CM Peterson brass and if I put the amount of powder some guys are using in their Lapua brass I would be into the neck with powder, yet my velocities are not left wanting.

Rich, I haven't compared Peterson to ADG (honestly my 7SST brass is my first ADG brass ever) but I have had Peterson in 6.5CM and Lapua in 6.5CM and the Peterson is substantially thicker (shot the 2 kinds of brass in two rifles). I had to use a bushing size 3 thousandths bigger. Also my load was about 1 grain lower. That said, the capacity will likely be reduced like you said, however, on my 6.5CMs, I was able to get the same speed with both rifles (one using Peterson and the other Lapua brass) in spite of the reduction in load. Might have been a rifle difference, I don't know, but I also have 25CM Peterson brass and if I put the amount of powder some guys are using in their Lapua brass I would be into the neck with powder, yet my velocities are not left wanting.
that makes sense but you are no doubt running higher pressure. Good news is the brass will apparently handle it!

I will likely be cutting shorter FB reamers for the Max down the road to accommodate the 3.2" actions. The current test reamer has a ton of FB even for the 195! its perfect for long actions.
If I cut the FB like the 7SS, which has the same neck length and works great, the 180 class bullets will easily fit and the 195 will work also.
Basically, if a WSM works in an action, the MEGA will also!
Shorter reamers for all the Mega's would be appreciated. I'll be building on an XM action as well. It always easy to run a throater in and increase the FB, but it's a real bugger to decrease the throat.

ADG is some of the best brass there is. Now that we are running it in LR BR I have a better handle on how good it is. I have a customer running the saum brass in a 300 saum improved, similar to a max. 9 HOT loadings and he reports the primer pockets are almost too tight still. He's pushing a 204 over 2900 with H4350 in 30". Also, seating force on the bullets has not changed since new, and he does not anneal. That is not usually the case. He has done no sorting at all and its one of the best shooting 30s I have ever seen. Running with a 6mm actually. Its hard to say because we cant do a direct comparison, but ADG may be even better than Lapua. At least as good.